“Absolute Rip-Off”
Review of Scottsdale Stadium

Scottsdale Stadium
Ranked #17 of 165 things to do in Scottsdale
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been to every stadium in both the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues. I would rate this as by far the worst. The ticket prices are outrageous, the bleacher seats are uncomfortable with zero leg room and the concessions are the highest priced anywhere. Even the programs are outrageous at $10.00

I am aware the San Francisco Giants have progressive pricing whereas the prices can go down (albeit there is a floor) if ticket demand is low (this never happens) or they can go up dramatically (and surprise, there seems to be no ceiling) if the demand is high. I went on-line seconds after the site opened for individual tickets and all I could get for the Giants vs A's game on March 21 was a bleacher seat at $41.00 plus $11.00 fees. This price is outrageous for a Spring Training game. I could understand a higher price if I had waited to purchase, but don't understand how it could have been this expensive given I purchased as soon as I was allowed to do so.

I wrote the San Francisco Giants about the outrageous prices and have yet to hear back from them. Obviously, they do not care what fans think and I can only conclude they are a truly classless organization.

I will never attend another Spring Training game at the Scottsdale Stadium.

3  Thank 411BaseballTraveller

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had a great time at a spring training game. We had lawn tickets, and if don't want to not be in the sun all day you need to be there when the gates open, Places under the trees go first. Lots of familys and grouips having a great time sitting on the grass. Parking in the area is a learning experience. It is better to come early and find a free parking place, then just walk around the really nice downtown area. Lots of shops and places to eat. The only thing that I wish was better was the loud speaker for the grass area, kind of weak.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This ballpark is right in Scottsdale, very near Old Towne. We were staying in Scottsdale so were able to walk to the stadium. There are some fun restaurant/bars nearby that cater to spring training fans. Food and drink selections at the ballpark were good, but the beer was very expensive.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Excellent location, all sorts of fun artsy shops, too many souvenier shops for my taste, then head to see the Giants for Spring Training. Napa Noodles is a great take out stand & a healthy alternative to ball park brats, dogs & burgers.

1  Thank Oatbagg
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I went on a Saturday afternoon and the game was almost sold out. The stadium is older and not as nice as others in the Cactus League. The biggest drawback might also be an advantage depending on how you look at it. The stadium in in the downtown area and many of the younger fans hit the bars before the game so expect a few more drunks than normal. If you like to visit a watering hole after the game this would be a good location.

The ticket prices are also higher than the games over in Peoria or Surprise. Those western locations are a far better experience for the Cactus League and if you are bring kids (little leaguers) take them over there not to Scottsdale Stadium.