“Elegant and beautiful native american art”

Gilbert Ortega Galleries
Ranked #19 of 61 Shopping in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Gilbert Ortega Native American Galleries was founded in 1958 by Fourth generation trader Gilbert Ortega Sr. We have been Trading and selling all different types of Native American Jewelry, Fine Art, and crafts for generations. We strive to find the highest quality pieces at the best prices for our Customers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Whether you look for jewels, rugs, pottery, fur, knives, katchinas or a bison s head, everything ´s beautiful.

It has nothing to do with the touristic souvenirs shops you see a bit everywhere. Here is quality and authenticity.

There are also some very nice bronze and iron wood sculptures.

Dońt wait to have a chalet in Sedona or in Northern Arizona to buy something.

We bought a superb basket with fur, feathers, silver and turquoise at a very fair price and brought it back to Europe. We certainly would have taken more things if our luggages had not already been so full. So please go there before Macýs ;-)))

Both Renee and Asia, if I remember well their names, have been so nice and helpfull. The basket was professionnally packed.

We will return !

2  Thank fdw1230

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We come for the jewelry. There are all sorts of well done silver and carved stone, particularly fetishes, squash blossom, etc. there are kachinas though I don't know how to evaluate. There are other pieces of arts and crafts: pottery, statuettes, little pieces of art. There is a small selection of paintings though the one piece I purchased has a value less than half its purchase price 12 years later so not the thing to buy. Lots lots more. This is a remarkable place to visit. There re things worth buying to take home. And this is a family business.

1  Thank jamesccasterline
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This store in Old Town Scottsdale has the most impressive sleeping beauty fetish I have seen. The carved animals that are strung into necklaces. They are made my local Indians and are very nice examples. Everything in their store is unique to the area and probably some of the nicest examples. Mind you the prices for turquoise fetish was 900.00 and up but possibly some of the nicest around. Other beautiful items in the store as well. Like rugs, southwest blankets, affordable silver southwest jewelry , etc. While there you must go a block down the street to the Mission Restaurant for lunch for margaritas and side table prepared quacamole and chips to make the experience fully authentic.

1  Thank Laurelrxnc
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Found a great piece of pottery at a very reasonable price. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Misty A
A TripAdvisor Member
Signal Hill, California
Reviewed April 14, 2006

After reading about these stores in the Auto Club Tour Book, I was interested in visiting one to see what it was like. Arriving at the 5th Avenue branch before it opened, I thoroughly enjoyed looking in all the windows before they opened because not only do they have the most beautiful Indian jewelry I have ever seen but they also have pottery, rugs, furniture, sand paintings, sculpture, kachinas of all sizes, and other beautiful Indian items too numerous to mention here. The clerk, Lucy, could not have been more helpful or friendly, wanting to help me find just the right pair of earrings and showing me several large trays of earrings until just the right pair were found. The prices there are not inexpensive but the quality is guaranteed so you know you are getting the genuine article and not a copy. Buy with confidence - you will have a great time doing so and if you don't see what you like there are two more branches within walking distance. Enoy yourself - I certainly did!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member