All reviews front desk laser spine institute great hotel breakfast staff breakfast and dinner room was clean and comfortable stay there again recommend this hotel convenient location easy access nice stay shopping and restaurants fitness center hgi lobby surgery freeway
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2019

Overall a good hotel that was convenient to business purpose. Rooms were nice and clean and large enough to be able to relax after a day of working. The breakfast was not super however better than average. Dinner was similar in that not gourmet level but better than average. Overall would recommend and stay there again

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
AmandaGentileFDS, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale North/Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! At the Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale North, the highest level of guest satisfaction is expected from our team. One of the reasons I enjoy reading surveys from our amazing guests, such as yourself, is the opportunity it gives us to see how we stack up to our goal of being a premier hotel! When we receive scores like yours, I know that we are on the right track. That being said, I am sorry we came up less than exceptional when it came to our restaurant. I know our chefs and servers work very hard to achieve guest satisfaction, but there is always room for improvement. If you ever don't see an item on our menu or think we can improve in a specific way, please let us know. Our team is great at getting creative and are always open to new ideas. Thank you again for reviewing us and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Scottsdale!

Reviewed May 2, 2019

When I last stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn North/Perimeter Center in Scottsdale five years ago, I really liked the property and wrote a complimentary review for TripAdvisor. After a recent visit, my enthusiasm has declined.

The property is well located and easily accessible by car. The lobby is spacious and attractive. The staff is attentive and helpful, certainly not indifferent or morose. The pool area is well maintained. The computers and printer in the executive area were in working order. The coin-operated washer and drier must be a welcomed sight for travelling families.

The bar and buffet area were clean. Different opinions existed as to whether my room rate included breakfast or not, and then whether it was full breakfast or continental breakfast. It would be a good idea to determine your breakfast status at the time of check-in. I had a full breakfast one day, continental breakfast the next and just coffee, juice and a bagel the third. I was not charged anything additional for the first two, but was charged $5 for coffee, bagel and juice, even after trying to discuss the matter with the restaurant manager. Go figure.

The carpet and the furniture are showing signs of wear. A large jacuzzi had been installed in my room, which I did not use, and looked quite grotesque. I would have gladly traded the jacuzzi for a robe. I found a red drinking straw on the carpet by the foot of the bed which I left untouched for three days. Housekeeping missed it. Yes, those things happen.

The room charge was $225.79 per night, but with the addition of state taxes, Scottsdale bed taxes, county taxes and city taxes, added up to $257 per night. A few dollars here and a few dollars there are not going to make me any richer or any poorer; it just felt that I was not getting all of my money's worth. Many of us feel that way on a regular basis, don't we?

Will I stay again at HGI North/Perimeter Center? Yes, most likely. There are more positives than negatives going for this property. It may be time for some remodeling and general maintenance. Maybe in a couple of years they will have figured out what kind of breakfast is included in my room rate and what to do with the monstrous jacuzzi. I will not hold my breath waiting for a robe to materialize, though. If it does, robe taxes will be charged.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel and for providing such detailed accounts of your experience with us! It is specific feedback likes yours that gives our team the opportunity to improve the guest experience. With that said, I apologize for the marks that we missed during your last visit. I am sorry to read about the confusion with breakfast. We train our front desk agents to make each guest aware of how breakfast works and let our guests know what they have included in their reservation. They have been doing a great job with this lately, so I am disappointed to hear that in your case it was not handled properly. We will also be making our Housekeeping Manager aware of your comments on the cleanliness of your room. Furthermore, I am very excited to let you know that we are getting a full renovation next summer! In the meantime, we try to provide the best possible customer service to make sure our guests have a fantastic stay with us. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort!

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because it was close to our business meeting location. Booked two rooms. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The sink water was not hot and had to shave with nearly cold water. The hotel management made an adjustment on the bill and alerted engineering. However, the problem was never fixed. The AC units were extremely noisy. Breakfast was inconsistent and we decided to eat breakfast elsewhere. Overpriced and average at best.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank B4419PYrobertc
AmandaGentileFDS, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale North/Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. I can see how frustrating that would be to not have hot water when you need it. We have taken steps to investigate why this occurred so we can avoid this issue being repeated in the future. I'm glad our management team was able to make an adjustment for you. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out our survey and for staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale North. We hope that you will stay with us again so we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort!

Reviewed April 25, 2019

Our company has spent quite some time at this property, about 5 months to be exact. The service that was given to us, especially from Edward and Rigo has been top notch. They always go above and beyond to make sure my team is taken care of and feed on time so we can stay on track with our training sessions. I highly recommend this hotel for any and all your event needs.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Jacob B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale North/Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

Dear Jackie,

Thank you so much for your review of our team and our hotel! We're so pleased to hear that Rigo and Edward were able to accommodate your team's every need! Its been a pleasure having your team with us and we look forward to serving you and yours again!

Hilton Garden Inn Management Team

Reviewed April 11, 2019

I attempted several times to contact the Sales Management both the day before I in and the day that I checked in without any of my numerous calls or messages returned. They were however quick to process unauthorized charges on my credit card and tried to charge me cancellation fees rather than respond to my concerns. Ridiculously high priced. Terrible value. Bad management. I checked out early and will never go back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
JakeR1424, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale North/Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

The hotel has reached out to this guest after research of the situation. We appreciate all feedback whether good or bad so we can use it to improve our guest experience. We are very disappointed as a business to have fallen short in this reviewers eyes. With that said, the hotel does not believe this is indicative of a stay that any traveler would have under normal circumstances.
This guest was trying to make reservations for a same day arrival on a Sunday and was demanding that the hotel give him a group rate that had expired 4 weeks in the past. The guest left one voicemail for the sales manager on Sunday that was responded to with an email on Monday. This guest would have preferred a call back instead of the email so the property will certainly learn from that mistake. However, I did personally speak to this guest upon check out and I was unfortunately not able to resolve the issue to his liking. The expired group rate he was looking for was over $100.00 less than our posted rate for the nights he stayed, which we were not able to accommodate. The guest was not charged a cancellation fee and the credit card was authorized for $30.00 more than the amount for room and tax which is normal hotel practice.
Although this situation was not one that we could overcome with this particular guest, we are proud to post a 4.5 star rating here on Tripadvisor which is an average of over 500 guest reviews. The entire staff here at this hotel is always extremely disappointed to have a guest leave unhappy so we will certainly take what we can from this review and learn to be better for our future guests.

Jake