“Wonderful little find close to the Hilton”
Review of Slanted Rice

Slanted Rice
Ranked #296 of 1,268 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Kirkland, WA
“Wonderful little find close to the Hilton”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here with our children. Cocktails were delicious and my mule was served in the proper cold copper cup! Staff were efficient, friendly and knowledgable. The food was excellent and we were thrilled to be able to walk here from the Hilton where we were staying.

• Visited February 2014

Mount Vernon, Iowa
“Good food, relaxed & stylish decor”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is not the very best Vietnamese food I've ever had, but it's a very solid four-star. The restaurant is intimate, with a small bar. Prices are fairly low for this part of Scottsdale. The decor is stylish and clean. I think there were quite a few locals there when we visited. For dinner, you'd better make a reservation especially for the weekend. There was a little confusion with our order, but the owner made it right for us. I think they've been swamped with business since opening and still have some streamlining to do on service, but I will go back.

• Visited February 2014
“Vietnamese treat”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Hidden in a mall just south of Lincoln on the east side of Scottsdale Rd on this smaller venue. The chicken pho as well as the shrimp & veggie pho were excellent. The lemongrass wings and shrimp spring rolls are great starters. Fresh, modern decor with very comfy seats. A bar and patio seating available. The service (slow and an incorrect order) was a little off but we expect this is not the norm.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great find,”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Tucked in a lovely shopping center facing Scottsdale a Road, this restaurant has outdoor seating and a great cozy clean atmosphere. The people are friendly and professional.... But it is the food that takes the awards! Very pretty to look at and absolutely delicious! Calls for a return visit soon!

Visited January 2014
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great little find in Scottsdale”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Finally getting around to writing a review of this place. We went with a fairly large group and they were very friendly and accommodating. The service was quick and efficient considering how much food we ordered. Its a small restaurant and luckily they could fit us in because we went later in the evening. The ambiance was great and the decor looks modern french. I have to say it"s one of the best looking and cleanest Vietnamese restaurant I've been to in Arizona. Great place to go on a date too.
We decided to order a bunch of stuff and share it family style so that we get to try a little bit of everything. Out of all the dishes we tried what stood out to me was the Shaken Beef and the garlic butter chicken wings. I'm salivating just thinking about it! The meat was so tender and juicy on the shaken beef and every bite just burst with flavor. I love garlic so chicken wings were heaven I could just eat it all day long. Also, another honorable mention was the lemongrass edamame I usually don't like edamame, but the flavor was so good on this dish that we ended up placing 2 more orders!
Overall everyone enjoyed themselves. We will definitely be back!

• Visited November 2013