“WINGATE (Scottsdale)”

Ranked #32 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Singapore, Singapore
“WINGATE (Scottsdale)”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Nice Clean Hotel with Free access to internet, gym, pool. Staff is friendly. This hotel is 8 minutes from my US office so it is very convenient. (East Raintree Drive).

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this review, February 3, 2010
Thank you for your kind review! We pride ourselves on the outstanding accommodations and service our staff is trained to provide, and I am happy to hear it paid off during your visit. We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you or your colleagues!

Warmest Regards,

Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed October 20, 2009

It's hard to believe this hotel is almost 5 years old ! Clean and contemporary with some of the nicest hotel staff I have come across in years. The rooms are much larger than most hotels with large flat screen tv's, comfy beds and tons of lights and mirrors in and around bathroom for getting ready. The breakfast buffet offered many options- both hot and cold items. I was in town for a meeting in the Airpark and this was one of many options...it's now my favorite and I'm going to tell everyone I know. Convenient location right off the 101, but no highway noise at all. Although my meeting was not at this hotel, I noticed they did have meetings going on...so I will check out their space on my next trip. They a nice workout room, with plenty of room in between pieces of equipment. They even drove me to Kierland Commons to meet friends for dinner. Who does that? Overall, great stay, great spot, great trip.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this review, February 5, 2010
Greetings Widget13!

I am so pleased you were able to benefit from the extensive amenities we provide at our Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale, and that you were willing to share your good experience with other travelers! We take great strides to keep our property in top shape, and have recently finished revovations on our entire first floor!

Warmest Regards,

SouthDakota
Reviewed April 27, 2009

When we booked a stay here we intended to stay four nights. We had called for a rate and spoke to the sales manager. We had her name, the quoted rate, and even a confirmation number. When we arrived at midnight, the rate on the slip was wrong. The front desk clerk said he couldn't help and we didn't sign agreement to the rate and thought we could just talk to her the next day. When we talked to the same manager in person who had made the quote, not only did she refuse to honor the price, but said she didn't remember giving us the price. Not only that, but she was REALLY rude about it. Over the top rude! Needless to say, we immediately checked out, but not before they charged us the extra $40 for the 1 night we did stay. We even talked to the manager, and she also refused to help us.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chafferguy
Dear Chafferguy,

I want to personally extend my apologies for the inconvenience that occured during your stay in April. As the new General Manager for the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale, I take great pride in extending excellent customer service to each and every traveler we meet. I find it to be in good character to send an email confirmation letter to our guests after making their reservations to ensure that all terms discussed are correct and in writing prior to your arrival to avoid this very situation. Please be assured that I would personally ensure your rate and stay agreement if you happen to be in the area again in the near future. I would love the opportunity to redeem your appreciation for our beautiful property and welcoming staff!

Warm Regards,

new jersey
Reviewed April 4, 2009

This hotel was a great value. The room was contemporary, clean. The service was excellent. If you take a cab anywhere, you may need to notify the front desk to call more than 15 minutes in advance. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
United States
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I stay in hotels for a living, for days, weeks sometimes months at a time for my job. I stayed at the Wingate Scottsdale for 14 nights... every day it was something different with the housekeeping staff. They forgot to leave me towels, next day no washclothes, next day no glasses....and so on. On My last day I placed my most prized posession ( a very special necklace) in a satin bag on my batheroom counter. I came back to my room after working all day to find it GONE. I told the front desk, who assured me a manager would call me promptly within 24 hours. Never heard from them. My company during the 2 weeks I was there rented 17 rooms for 14 nights each..... in talking to the other women among items stolen from them were earrings, money and another necklace. I had to return home without my most prized posession. It wasn't worth a lot of money, but it was the single handedly most special item I owned. I don't know what bothers me more.... that it was stolen or that the front desk manager couldn't even be bothered to call me.

Don't stay here if your bringing anything that has meaning to you.

• Liked — Beds were comfterable
  • Disliked — STAFF
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TravelGuru04084
New Jersey
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I recently stayed at this property while on a business trip (April 29, 2008).

I thought the hotel was brand-new, because everything just sparkled, the lobby, breakfast room, and my room. The marble bathroom was truly luxurious. My room had two queen beds with immaculate linens, comforters, and fluffy pillows - great for a good night's sleep.

It never fails that I check into a hotel very late at night (close to midnight) and then have to leave early the next morning, so I don't get a chance to truly enjoy the surroundings.

The front-desk clerk at check-in was cheerful and gave me a complete run-down on all the hotel amenities: hot and cold breakfast buffet, fitness center, Wi-fi access, etc.

This location is ideal for the business traveler, as it is situated in a corporate office park, and right off the freeway.

The only drawback for me was that there is no restaurant or room service which would have been lovely at 1130pm when I checked in, but there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance that are open during normal business hours.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — Everything was so clean and fresh and appeared to be brand-new
  • Disliked — There was nothing I disliked at all.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank GoddessDivine
Reviewed March 28, 2006

Spent 3 nights in Scottsdale Wingate. The room was nice - king bed, hot tub, private patio, kitchen, etc. Nice value for $210/night. Location is near Scottsdale Airpark - next to 101 Loop. Easy to drive for food and shopping - yet it is out of the way and quiet at night.

Good alternative to the $400+ resorts if you are looking for a decent night's stay. The room was clean -- carpet in room was a bit stained near be patio doors. The bed was vary comfortable. Nice view of the mountains from the bathroom/hottub/shower. Pool area was clean and not busy. Hotel mostly for biz travelers - not many kids around making noise.

The staff was helpful but seemed a bit inexperienced in customer service when we brought up a few minor issues. Used the guest laundry one day. 1 of the 3 washers was not working right - but did not have a sign. That was frustrating. Over all we would stay at Wingate again when in Scottsdale.

• Stayed March 2006