“Elizabeth the breakfast lady was GREAT!!!”

Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We stayed for 8 days and the staff of the Hotel and the Breakfast Staff (Elizabeth) were great, they were helpful and informed of the area. It was a great stay and the breakfast and Elizabeth was the best!!! Hot and filled.. I really enjoyed her help... Thanks for a great stay, I will come back... The rooms were large and the beds were very comfortable, loved having 5 large pillows.....

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vonn1e1234
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear Vonn1e1234,

Thank you for your review of the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale, and sharing your opinion of our outstanding breakfast attendant, Elizabeth. It is great to hear that our guests love her as much as we do! It was certainly a pleasure having you with us for your extended stay! I am so glad that you were comfortable and enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark

Reviewed March 29, 2011

this little gem is kinda hidden away in a business area of Scottsdale. I was blown away at how nice the guestrooms were. Really large and comfortable. Bathroom was very nice, great flat screen tv. Breakfast was included and I guess this was my least favorite part of the stay - the food was just ok. The hot breakfast (ie egg "omelette", sausage and bacon) were all served in one chafing dish and all greasy. Stick with cereal, fruit and boiled eggs! Service at front desk was really good. The overnight guy - Dave? - was really nice and friendly. One other weird thing is that the free shuttle the hotel offers ends at 6:30 pm. Really? So, what about people who want to go get dinner (NO PLACE in walking distance). One night I literally had a V8 and turkey pot pie from the hotel shop for dinner.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank makenamaui6

Dear Makenamaui6,

Thank you for your review of the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale! I am so happy that you enjoyed the spacious guest rooms, amenities, and friendly staff at our property. Just to clarify for your future stays with us, our shuttle does operate from 7am to 7pm daily to accomodate our guests needs. We can arrange for taxi service if you have transporatation needs beyond our hours. You can also take advantage of the relationship we have with a great nearby restaurant that provides their own complimentary shuttle service to and from our hotel beyond our shuttle times each night. I am also happy to announce that we are currently rolling out a new breakfast program with deliciously fresh products coming soon! The new program will include new hot items such as biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and eggs, fresh local donuts, pastries, muffins, and crumbcakes, as well as healthy yogurts, cereals, and fresh fruits! We look forward to welcoming you during your next stay with us, and hope you enjoy the improvements on our complimentary breakfast!

Reviewed March 27, 2011

This hotel had everything we needed- free breakfast, free parking, free wifi, large rooms with mini refrigerators and microwaves. The room was large and had extra space for a travel crib or extra luggage if needed. Our room was right next to the elevator, and we were never disturbed by any noise. The flat panel TVs have all the normal hook ups on the back, so you could plug in your portable DVD player if you bring the right cables. The outdoor pool is not heated (it was too cold to use while we visited) and is a minimum of 3ft deep, so it's not for small children.
The customer service was excellent. All the people were friendly.
The hotel is located near the freeway, several stores, and restaurants. We went for spring training and had no problems getting around to different baseball stadiums. There is a Whole Foods about 1 block away for all your grocery needs, and there is also a Walmart and Kohls nearby.
Overall, this hotel is an excellent choice if you want to stay on a budget without giving up much needed amenities and excellent customer service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank halo_zandria

Dear Halo_Zan,

Thank you for your review of the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the extra amenities we provide for our guests with our All-Inclusive rates. I was suprised to hear that the pool was not heated to your liking during your stay, as we do keep our pool heated all year round. I will definitely make a point to monitor the temperature on our cooler nights to ensure this is not a continued problem so that every guest has the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful rock garden pool and spa and 2-story waterfall. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed March 13, 2011

If the Wingate is striving for mediocrity, they have succeeded immensely. The people are courteous without being attentive, the rooms are adequate for sleeping, but not very comfortable for relaxing or working in, and the breakfast is typical of the freebie hotel fare; microwaved and pre-packaged. In short, there is nothing remarkable or extraordinary about this place. For the money, I hoped for a little more, so I can't really recommend this hotel, but it served the purpose. The most memorable part of the entire stay was that on day three of our stay we had to wait until after 5:00 pm for our room to be cleaned, even though we left before 9:00 am and returned after 4:00 pm. I'm not sure when they might have actually done it had we not called the front desk and requested that they clean our room. It only took an hour or so after that for them to get to it. The one above average thing about the Wingate is that the pillows are very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2011
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale. I am so sorry to hear that your experience was anything short of extraordinary, as that is what we strive for with every guest. I greatly apologize for the delay in getting your room cleaned before you returned for the day. We had several staff members out sick during your stay which put us behind our typical schedule, however I understand this is no excuse for your inconvenience. I am glad that our new pillows helped to make your stay more comfortable. I sincerely hope that we get another opportunity to welcome you in the future!

14255 N. 87th Street

Reviewed March 7, 2011

We travel to Scottsdale every year in February, and have stayed at many local hotels. This was such a lovely stay at the Wingate, that I was motivated to write them a glowing review. After booking the hotel via a travel website, I emailed the manager to request a few specifics (mini fridge and microwave), and she emailed me back promptly, was very friendly and welcoming, and followed through 110% in recognizing our requests. Upon arrival, we found that the location was superb, with very close access to the 101 and West World, but also very quiet and very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay, with two of them going far above and beyond expectations. Elizabeth, who hostesses in the morning during breakfast, was just lovely. She kept everything fresh and clean, and responded to any requests with graciousness. You can tell that she truly loves her job, and it shows. And a maid named Bianca, when responding to a request for more tea bags in the room, came back with not only additional tea bags, but had brewed two cups of tea, which she served to us while we were cuddled in our beds, warming up. Truly above and beyond!
A few more details... The breakfast is good for a hotel breakfast. (Not amazing, but good.) Eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit mix, cereals, rolls and muffins available each day. The beds are AMAZING! I could stay in bed all day at this place!! And four pillows on each bed - lovely. Nice big rooms. Nice clean exercise room. Pretty outside pool area. Overall, this was a great place to stay, set apart particularly by the customer service. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Dear Kkwinwy,

Thank you so much for the review of your stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale. I always love hearing the unique little ways my staff is able to connect with our guests and truly make their stay memorable. I am glad to hear that Elizabeth and Bianca were able to provide such excellent customer service for you, and that you were so comfortable in our luxurious beds with your hot tea! We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 13, 2011

The hotel staff and accommodations are excellent. The suites with a fireplace and deck are particular nice.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Dear JFS1976,

Thank you for reviewing the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale! I am glad you enjoyed our "High Roller" Suite with the fireplace and balcony that also includes a kitchenette with cooktop stove living room area and separate King bedroom. They are definitely a guest favorite at our hotel!

Reviewed January 10, 2011

I got this hotel on hotwire so I didn't know I was staying there until I purchased. Initially I wasn't happy getting an average chain hotel but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were great and my room was a good size and more modern than some 4 star hotels I've stayed in. The breakfast was great too offering a choice of hot or cold instead of regular continental. My only negatives were the location (a little too out of the way but close to a freeway that has heavy traffic), the wi-fi internet that often got disconnected and the fitness room which had only a few machines, one of which was out of order. Other than that, a great hotel!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo

Dear Gypsy604,

Thank you for your review of the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale! It is great to hear that you were pleasantly suprised with our gem in the center of the Scottsdale business park. I am sorry that our elliptical machine was out of order during your stay, but am very happy to report that we have ALL NEW FITNESS EQUIPMENT being delivered this week. Our new equipment will include 2 elliptical machines, 1 treadmill, and a bike which will each have LCD screens for our guests' viewing pleasure while working out! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.