“Met our expectations and had everything we needed”

Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Kent, Washington
“Met our expectations and had everything we needed”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

This hotel had everything we needed- free breakfast, free parking, free wifi, large rooms with mini refrigerators and microwaves. The room was large and had extra space for a travel crib or extra luggage if needed. Our room was right next to the elevator, and we were never disturbed by any noise. The flat panel TVs have all the normal hook ups on the back, so you could plug in your portable DVD player if you bring the right cables. The outdoor pool is not heated (it was too cold to use while we visited) and is a minimum of 3ft deep, so it's not for small children.
The customer service was excellent. All the people were friendly.
The hotel is located near the freeway, several stores, and restaurants. We went for spring training and had no problems getting around to different baseball stadiums. There is a Whole Foods about 1 block away for all your grocery needs, and there is also a Walmart and Kohls nearby.
Overall, this hotel is an excellent choice if you want to stay on a budget without giving up much needed amenities and excellent customer service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank halo_zandria
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear Halo_Zan,

Thank you for your review of the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the extra amenities we provide for our guests with our All-Inclusive rates. I was suprised to hear that the pool was not heated to your liking during your stay, as we do keep our pool heated all year round. I will definitely make a point to monitor the temperature on our cooler nights to ensure this is not a continued problem so that every guest has the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful rock garden pool and spa and 2-story waterfall. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

480.922.6500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed March 13, 2011

If the Wingate is striving for mediocrity, they have succeeded immensely. The people are courteous without being attentive, the rooms are adequate for sleeping, but not very comfortable for relaxing or working in, and the breakfast is typical of the freebie hotel fare; microwaved and pre-packaged. In short, there is nothing remarkable or extraordinary about this place. For the money, I hoped for a little more, so I can't really recommend this hotel, but it served the purpose. The most memorable part of the entire stay was that on day three of our stay we had to wait until after 5:00 pm for our room to be cleaned, even though we left before 9:00 am and returned after 4:00 pm. I'm not sure when they might have actually done it had we not called the front desk and requested that they clean our room. It only took an hour or so after that for them to get to it. The one above average thing about the Wingate is that the pillows are very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2011
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale. I am so sorry to hear that your experience was anything short of extraordinary, as that is what we strive for with every guest. I greatly apologize for the delay in getting your room cleaned before you returned for the day. We had several staff members out sick during your stay which put us behind our typical schedule, however I understand this is no excuse for your inconvenience. I am glad that our new pillows helped to make your stay more comfortable. I sincerely hope that we get another opportunity to welcome you in the future!

14255 N. 87th Street
South Dakota
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We travel to Scottsdale every year in February, and have stayed at many local hotels. This was such a lovely stay at the Wingate, that I was motivated to write them a glowing review. After booking the hotel via a travel website, I emailed the manager to request a few specifics (mini fridge and microwave), and she emailed me back promptly, was very friendly and welcoming, and followed through 110% in recognizing our requests. Upon arrival, we found that the location was superb, with very close access to the 101 and West World, but also very quiet and very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay, with two of them going far above and beyond expectations. Elizabeth, who hostesses in the morning during breakfast, was just lovely. She kept everything fresh and clean, and responded to any requests with graciousness. You can tell that she truly loves her job, and it shows. And a maid named Bianca, when responding to a request for more tea bags in the room, came back with not only additional tea bags, but had brewed two cups of tea, which she served to us while we were cuddled in our beds, warming up. Truly above and beyond!
A few more details... The breakfast is good for a hotel breakfast. (Not amazing, but good.) Eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit mix, cereals, rolls and muffins available each day. The beds are AMAZING! I could stay in bed all day at this place!! And four pillows on each bed - lovely. Nice big rooms. Nice clean exercise room. Pretty outside pool area. Overall, this was a great place to stay, set apart particularly by the customer service. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear Kkwinwy,

Thank you so much for the review of your stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale. I always love hearing the unique little ways my staff is able to connect with our guests and truly make their stay memorable. I am glad to hear that Elizabeth and Bianca were able to provide such excellent customer service for you, and that you were so comfortable in our luxurious beds with your hot tea! We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2011

The hotel staff and accommodations are excellent. The suites with a fireplace and deck are particular nice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear JFS1976,

Thank you for reviewing the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale! I am glad you enjoyed our "High Roller" Suite with the fireplace and balcony that also includes a kitchenette with cooktop stove living room area and separate King bedroom. They are definitely a guest favorite at our hotel!

Vancouver
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I got this hotel on hotwire so I didn't know I was staying there until I purchased. Initially I wasn't happy getting an average chain hotel but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were great and my room was a good size and more modern than some 4 star hotels I've stayed in. The breakfast was great too offering a choice of hot or cold instead of regular continental. My only negatives were the location (a little too out of the way but close to a freeway that has heavy traffic), the wi-fi internet that often got disconnected and the fitness room which had only a few machines, one of which was out of order. Other than that, a great hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Dear Gypsy604,

Thank you for your review of the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale! It is great to hear that you were pleasantly suprised with our gem in the center of the Scottsdale business park. I am sorry that our elliptical machine was out of order during your stay, but am very happy to report that we have ALL NEW FITNESS EQUIPMENT being delivered this week. Our new equipment will include 2 elliptical machines, 1 treadmill, and a bike which will each have LCD screens for our guests' viewing pleasure while working out! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed January 1, 2011

The service at this place is more than you get in a 5 star hotel. Decor is contemporary and everything looks well kept and clean. Comfortable, amenities are all at the hotel such as gym, great pool, continental breakfast that the staff keeps full and fresh. Definitely will stay here next time we are in Scottsdale. O'yeah, free wi-fi and parking.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear TCsftravels,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel with future guests! I am happy to hear that you were able to experience so much of what our great hotel and staff has to offer. We look forward to your next stay with us at the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale...and be sure to ask for me at the Front Desk so that I can thank you in person!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed for three nights on a business trip and the hotel was flawless. The room and the rest of the facility were clean and without any maintenance problems (they tend to bother me so I look for them). The staff was attentive both mornings and late evening. The free breakfast was healthy and easy. The room was quiet and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable. The desk was large and useable and the internet was free and easy to access.

I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Scottsdale North - Airpark, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
Dear SomebodysDad,

Thank you for sharing your satisfactory experience at the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale, where you can "Count on Us" to deliver on our commitment to exceptional service and all-inclusive ammenities to all of our guests! We look forward to welcoming you again during your next business trip to Scottsdale!

lacey.valentine@hhmweb.com