“Local Saying Don't Bother!”
Review of El Encanto

El Encanto
Ranked #498 of 1,325 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My uncle, who owned restaurants for years and still does somewhere in Texas now, used to say restaurants make it on three things, but the only have to have two of those three to by successful: PRICE, AMBIENCE, & TASTE.

El Encanto is reasonably or normally priced and the ambience is truly wonderful-- you get a true feeling of Mexico there but the taste...if you're coming to Scottsdale, there are SO MANY better Mexican food joints that are truly authentic. So, it depends on what you want...but I think their food is awful-- my husband and I call it el encrapo actually-- but we still end up there sometimes because the kids love to feed the ducks.

1  Thank Annie H

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have a timeshare in AZ and this is one of our family's annual favorites. The food is great and the atmosphere relaxed and enjoyable. The kids love watching the animals in the pond.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

As other reviewers describe, this restaurant features a nice pond where you can watch birds, turtles and fish while dining. The food is delicious. I highly recommend you try the albondigas soup, probably the best I've ever had. Enjoy!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

While shopping in Cave Creek my husband suggested eating at the cantina we could see across the street. What a surprise when we entered. The place goes on forever and right in the middle is a pond with ducks, geese, and turtles. We sat inside at one of the picture windows overlooking the pond. We watched the turtles while we ate and thoroughly enjoyed the food and the experience.

1  Thank KellyM0602
Reviewed August 27, 2012

On a recent trip to Scottsdale we visited El Encanto with friends. Atmosphere is great, seating area looks over the pond filled with ducks. Food was terriffic! I had pollo fundido - delicious and the prickly pear margarita was great too! Highly recommend El Encanto when in the area.

1  Thank Love2travel645