“new digs , new higher prices.”
Review of Jade Palace

Jade Palace
Ranked #260 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Scottsdale
scottsdale az
“new digs , new higher prices.”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went for dinner at the new location. Very fresh and elegant interior. The dishes we ordered were different but each were bathing in the same thick brown sauce so the tastes were pretty much identical. I ordered the calamari which had the same brown sauce and were only about 7 rings with a half of jalapeno deep fried on the side of it. The price was too expensive, $10 for a smidgen of food on the plate. the NY egg rolls were plump and obviously house made and were delish but again $4.oo for an egg roll filled mainly with cabbage? I guess its called NY egg roll because it has a NY City price tag on it. Both my dish or beef with vegs and the calamari had a smoked smell and flavor very reminiscent of cigarette smoke????. I'm sure it wasnt but the smokiness of the dish needs updating to erase that. Another dish, the fried rice needed more beef also. The prices are out of sight for chinese food not to be generous in portion and ingredients. I still like the restaurant but I just feel like everyone is always trying to reem the wallets of the residents here. Service was good. I will still come to this establishment probably because there is a dearth of competent chinese food purveyors in this part of Scottsdale which I truly miss.

3 Thank seri0ustraveller

Arizona
“Their move to a new location is successful”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We have been a fan of the Jade Palace for the past 3 or 4 years and have found our meals there, as a couple or with a large group, to be consistently very good. This was our first visit to their new location in North Scottsdale. It's a nice facility and the food is as good as ever. It was hard not to notice the new prices in the new place. We order three dishes: beef with snow peas, cashew chicken and their Four Seasons dish which has shrimp, scallops and vegetables. Each was very flavorful and well cooked. But, that said, they were all served in a brown sauce that seemed to be out of the same sauce pot because the flavors were almost identical for each dish. Only the texture of the main ingredients provided the difference in taste. So a suggestion is that you ask about sauce with each dish. Perhaps it was mentioned in the menu. If so we missed it as we would not have ordered three brown sauce dishes.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Tried the new location”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We went to the new location. We were welcomed and seated right away. The service was very good, the server checked on us several times during the meal and brought more water regularly. Someone else, who may have been the manager or owner, even came to our table to make sure everything was ok and thanked us for coming. This was a very nice experience. I am taking off one star on the rating because of the prices, which was high for Chinese food, although the rent might be higher here which would explain that. Also, the food was good but not the best. I had orange chicken and my husband has moo shu chicken. Like I said it was good and we ate the whole entree but I cannot say it was great. Really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere here and the new decor is nice. Also, it was easy to get a good parking space. Hot tea was not included with the meal. At the prices they charged I thought it would be included or that the entree would be spectacular.

“Very bad service!!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We were told our table would b ready in 20 to 25 mins...meanwhile 50 mins later we sat down and were to comped an appetizer for waiting..we asked for duck sauce for our wontons and waited and waited and waited.
So the 6 of us decided to walk out.
I loved this place at there old location and the new location seems off something is not the same.
I dont recommend this place and they raised their prices too adding insult to injury.
DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR GO TO PF CHANGS INSTEAD!!!!

4 Thank Lawrence B
Cave Creek, Arizona
“MOVED to a new location”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The Jade Palace is now located at 8876 E Pinnacle Peak Rd. #104, Scottsdale 85255.
The new location is 2 miles East of the old location. It is off the NE corner of Pinnacle Peak Rd & Pima Rd. at the North end of the Center. Easy to get there. (Tel: 480 585 6630)

The new location's motif is more upscale. Food is between very good and excellent. Meaty tender spare ribs. Their shrimp dishes are excellent (Shrimp in Lobster Sauce or Grand Marnier Shrimp); the Moo Shu is great [sometimes they have Peking Duck Moo Shu); their Four Seasons or Kung Pao Three Delicacies are interesting dishes; or try their Crispy Orange Beef or Chicken..

If you are from out of town, although it may not be the same as you had back home, you will not have a disappointing dining experience.

FYI, the Jade Palace has another location at 9160 E Shea Blvd. #101, Scottsdale (@ the NW Corner od Shea & 92nd St). You can't go wrong dining at either place; however, we prefer the new location.

• Visited May 2014