“Great food nice comfortable atmosphere”
Review of Blue Agave Mexican Cantina - MOVED

Blue Agave Mexican Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed April 8, 2013

very nice small but comfortable restaurant on a strip with a small bar area... the food is southwest influenced with a large variety of original style flavours . Quite enjoyed the barbeque ribs with a southwest chipotle sauce but lots else to choose from.... certainly worthy addition to a highly competitive restaurant area.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our anniversary dinner here couldn't have been better. We had a chili relleno platter and a grilled shrimp enchilada. They were both great. Very tasty. The waitress recommended a featured margarita made with fresh lime juice and agave. It is the best margarita I've ever had. Would love to go again if we were on this area.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

While visiting in Scottsdale we went to the Blue Agave along with our friends who had been there before and recommended it. We had a variety of dishes from the menu - everyone enjoyed their meals. Food was fresh and delicious and drinks and service met our expectations. We enjoyed it so much that when we were back in Scottsdale a week later we went to the restaurant again.
If you are really hungry, the Ultimate Chimichanga is highly recommended.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went there because we bought a groupon. My husband had Mexican seafood platter and I had the chicken fajitas, ordered well done. These were the best fajitas I have ever had. The onions and peppers were more finely chopped than usual and they were well done. They came with four tortillas and plenty of lettuce, cheese, sour cream and pico de gallo. Wonderful!

1  Thank NADINEE464
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Two lunchtime meals were purchsed during the peek of lunch service (twelve noon on a Saturday.) Very few customers with the majority of that number in the bar drinking. This was my first indication that this may be a poor choice of places to eat. The food did come out very quickly, sadly not due to efficiency but rather very lack luster and uninspired recipes and care given to the food. The burrito I had was in fact the most bland thing I had ever eaten despite the very chincy portion of sauce to "flavor" the top. (It consisted of mostly cold flour tortilla.)The tacos were also bland, they were better but small. Usually the salsa in a good restaurant can save the day and perk up any dish. This was not the case at Blue Agave. The salsa seemed more like a tomato mash with little flavoring of any kind.
This may be a good sports bar but definately not for the discerning palate.
The price was moderate but I feel I could have done better elsewhere.
This may be a good place to watch sports events on television and have some tacos and beer.

1  Thank ibmerlinsmom