“One of my Favorites” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sassi

Sassi
Reserve with OpenTable
Sassi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 1,239 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N Alma School Rd
Description: Sassi is Scottsdale's nationally known destination for fine Italian dining, wine and special events. Located at the base of Pinnacle Peak. Sassi offers rustic, artisan style cuisine inspired by small towns in southern Italy. Sassi's villa style architecture, comfortable surroundings and rustic elegance are the perfect setting for a romantic dinner for two or a company event or wedding for up to 150 guests. Dine in one of four main dining rooms or on the patio (weather permitting), or reserve the private wine cellar for up to 14. Sassi features more than reasonably priced 150 wines from Italy and California to complement Chef Peter's flavorful cuisine. We purchase from numerous small farmers, Niman Ranch and other organic and natural farmers and producers. Photos, menus, information and staff biographies on our web site
Scottsdale, Arizona
“One of my Favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This restaurant is out of the hustle and bustle of the city. Outdoor seating has beautiful mountain and distant city views; indoor seating is lovely, as well. The service was top notch and the food was delicious; very upscale. There was live music in the bar on the weekend.

• Visited March 2012

Ludlow, Massachusetts
“Sassi dinner in the hills of Scottsdale Az.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I were vacationing and read about this restaurant in the high hills in North Scottsdale. The location is stunning and the ambiance was impressive. The table was not ready so we headed to the bar for a light app and a drink. The bar is impressive. Large leather chairs and fireplace. Indoor and out door seating. Fantastic. This did come with a cost. 2 drinks set me back 29.00 with tip. Ouch. Then off to dinner. Another great atmosphere in the room we were seated. Staff was attentive however the tables were a little to close for my liking. Our neighbors conversation spilled over onto our table but we survived. The menu is limited to say the least. I like I can find something anywhere I eat but this was the first place I have been to in a long time where nothing really appealed to me. My wife found the menu satisfactory. Overall the meal was very good the star friendly and attentive. The bill was steep. Total 160.00 tips and one drink each. Go to the bar snack and enjoy. Skip the dinner.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rick P
SUN CITY WEST
“spectacular sunsets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Food is outstanding and service excellent. A great place to celebrate a special occasion. Try the patio and overlook the lights of the city.

Visited July 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great for special occasions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had a lovely anniversary dinner there as we watched the glow of the sunset and a bright moon rise. Great setting. Food and service were good as well. Only ding is that most of my clams in entree had not opened properly, so why include them with the other seafood! Waiter let us order 2 desserts which was a mistake since they have a special one for anniversary. Took that dessert home in a box! I highly recommend for a nice romantic dinner.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Surprise, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Food was outstanding. Loved the views all around. The waiters were great. We ate from soup to nuts. Everything was perfect.

Visited April 2012