“Service was off - Food was Good”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #281 of 1,308 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ordered two cocktails and our server didn't bring them, when we asked about them he couldn't remember what was ordered and didn't know what the drink was even though it was on their menu.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Slightly improved menu . Instead of butter now you can get olive oil with your bread . Other than that noting to say which means in my terms that everything is beyond average on the good side.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Matt, our waiter at CPR in Scottsdale was attentive and helpful by explaining some of the unusual items on the menu. My wife and I chose to share 3 appetizers for our dinner. Preceding our meal was some delicious crusty sourdough bread which we dipped in olive oil flavored with pesto. Myy wife preferred butter and Matt delivered it pronto. Our 3 appetizers were (1) a mini wedge salad), (2) 6 individual spring rolls with dipping sauces, and (3) fried macaroni and cheese. The wedge salad was more than ample for 2 people, as were the spring rolls. I found the peanut sauce served with the Thai spring rolls too rich for my taste, but the red sauce with the Meditteranean spring rolls was just perfect. Our third appetizer consisted of mac and cheese rolled into balls, dipped in panko and fried perfectly, without a hint of grease, delicious. I'd order all of these dishes again, although I'd skip the peanut dipping sauce.
Popoo

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Food was excellent and the management has made sure the staff is friendly as well as knowledgeable. When they found out that this was our first Cali Pizza Kitchen experience, he made it a great one. Complimentary dessert, free coupons and oh so friendly. We WILL go back!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife, a fiend and I showed up for dinner well past 8pm. The restaurant has a patio and I asked for a table in the patio area. Though about half the tables were empty, they were all cluttered for groups of six and I was told they were holding them ''just in case large numbers of customers showed up''! Ridiculous! After much insisting with the hostess, I asked to see the manager. She came back after consulting with the manger and gave us table in the patio area. After we sat, NOT one other customer showed up! And in a very short time, the patio actually emptied almost completely!
The rest was just fine, the food was tasty and our waiter was attentive and prompt.