“A happening place”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Scottsdale
“A happening place”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Every time we go it's full and the bar is hopping. The baby back ribs literally fall off the bone they are so tender. The rest of the food is quite good also and the portions are generous.

Visited September 2013

Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Filet Perfection!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Honestly, one of the best Filets we have had in a restaurant! The 'crust' on the meat and the flavor are simply perfection. Pricey, but a nice splurge. Wine selection is fun too! Staff are friendly, accommodating and timely. Only negative, if you are looking for a quiet, romantic spot, this is not is... it's noisy everywhere in the place, but that is a certainly a sign of a busy place... because the food is awesome!

• Visited June 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Houston's - What A Mouth Watering Meal!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I had stayed away from Houston's for over a year after a series of unpleasant experiences with their revised menu in early 2013, but Saturday afternoon I was driving past and decided to stop in. It was the 4th of July weekend, and ribs seemed appropriate. I had eaten at Houston's every week for so many years before stopping, that I decided it was time to see if the menu and kitchen had settled down after my prior not so hot (bad) experiences.

What an improvement! Service was far more attentive then in my prior few visits - where long conversations servers were having with other customers while I waited for basic service had disrupted the flow of my meal. My server was back to the attentiveness that I had grown accustomed to at Houston's over the years. She even was interested in why she hadn't seen me for so long.

My food came out quickly, was correctly prepared, and delicious! I thoroughly enjoyed my ribs, which were perfectly prepared, with the nicely seasoned meat literally falling off the bone, and tender, with almost no fat. The ribs came with wonderful crispy shoestring fries, and their delicious coleslaw. I wish I knew what the secret ingredient in the coleslaw was... I've never tasted better coleslaw.

Since I was on a roll, I opted to take the remainder of my ribs and coleslaw home with me (the fries were long gone) in order to leave room to indulge in a hot fudge sundae. I was NOT disappointed! Houston's has always had a killer hot fudge sundae. They make their own hot fudge from chocolate that they import for that specific purpose. The hot fudge is rich, thick, creamy and not overly sweet. Other customers who watched me eat it ended up ordering hot fudge sundaes too because I was so clearly enjoying it. Because it was clear that my focus was on the hot fudge and not the ice cream - my server offered that next time, I they could accommodate me with one scoop of ice cream instead of two if I liked. That was good news as I'm lactose intolerant, and was trying to eat as little of the ice cream as possible. However, if you appreciate ice cream, they serve very high quality vanilla in the sundae that compliments the hot fudge. I'm not mentioning the candid nuts and whipped cream because I skipped them. They are delish, but I figured I'd avoid the additional calories, and just eat what I loved best, the hot fudge.

Having thoroughly enjoyed my late lunch, I ordered their house smoked salmon to go, which I enjoyed later in the evening.

My visit to Houston's was perfect, and satisfying in every way. I felt like I'd experienced the quality that I hadn't been experiencing there for awhile. Thank goodness they are back on track. They are pricey, but it is worth every penny when they get it right! I'll be back again, and I won't be waiting a year this time. What a great meal, and great experience.

• Visited July 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent ribs”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I usually don't eat at chain restaurants, but was taken here by a friend. I must say that the restaurant was lovely, the barbecue spareribs were delicious, and the service was very good!

• Visited July 2014
Houston, TX
“Good as always”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Ate here in a group of 6 at lunch. Only had one table to accommodate that many so we had to sit squished into a booth. Other than that, the meal was very good. I eat at the ones in Houston, TX and the food and service were equally as good. thai Asian steak salad is very good.