“Great place for dinner..” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Houston's

Houston's
Ranked #54 of 1,239 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Great place for dinner..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Ran to CVS to pickup some items. Had heard about Houston's from a friend. Decided to pop in for a drink and possible appetizer. We werent prepared for dinner but ended up eating at the bar. My wife had seabass and chilled asparagus - I had the seared ahi tuna. To die for... Great wine selections. Impeccable service. Great place..

Michigan
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My hubby has been telling me about the French dip at Houston's. I finally got to visit with him and wasn't disappointed with my food. I ordered their veggie burger which was excellent. Unfortunately for my husband, the waiter had to come tell him the French dip was not available. He was disappointed and so was I as I wanted to taste his. We made a big deal about traveling from MI for that sandwich but the waiter didn't seem too impressed by our story. Hubby ended up with a cheeseburger which was fine. I ordered the kale salad as my side dish and this was the best thing ever. Delicious! We also had the spinach dip as an appetizer which was very good. Service was good except for the disappointment mentioned earlier.

• Visited March 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice meal & atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Food was good. My husband and I both had the ribs for dinner. Nice portion size. Would have been too much food had we also ordered an appetizer. Table next to us had the grilled artichokes - which looked fabulous!

Edwardsville, Illinois
“Love Houston's, but this is 2 bad experiences in a row”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I always try to dine at a Houston's when I am in a city that has one and I have dined at this one numerous times - always with a great experience - until the last 2. I just assumed it was a one-time experience last time so we ate here again on this trip. It was a Monday night, but I still made a reservation to be safe. When we arrived I was told there would be a slight wait (even though there were many empty tables) so we went to bar for a drink while we waited. I stood at the bar for 15 minutes without even a glance from either bartender. The hostess came to seat us and asked if I had a bar tab to be transfered to which I replied "no unfortunately not, I could not ever get waited on". My comment was totally ignored as if I had said nothing. When we were seated and ordered, we made 2 special requests - 1. My wife asked that bacon be left off of her soup and 2. My sister who was traveling with us asked for a seperate check. Well, neither request was fulfilled - my wife's soup arrived late because the server admitted she forgot to ask the kitchen to remove the bacon and when we received our bill, it was all together - which I paid without saying anything else - by then I was just ready to leave. This is twice in a row that this location has not measured up to expectations. We ate at Houston's in Houston, TX in October and it was outstanding as always (and I said so on Trip Advisor). Not sure if I will return to the Scottsdale location again even though I visit here numerous times a year and stay right across the street some of my trips.

Summerville, South Carolina
“THE BEST French Dip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I had been going to Houston's for any special occasion we could think of...Birthdays, Anniversaries,Christmas, friends visiting. Well, we went and moved to SC. No Houston's. We had the great fortune to recently visit friends and as a thank you for their hospitality, we treated them to Houston's. We used to take the time to read the menu and always went for the French Dip, coleslaw for me and fries for Hubby. On our most recent visit in Feb 2014, once again it was time for the best French Dip ever. Houston's did not disappoint. The prime rib was lean, lean, lean and melted in my mouth. (It was second to only one other time when we had their French dip and the sandwich had the tasty, mouth watering nibblies of crispy beef. OMG!) Our friends enjoyed the burger and the salad with Chicken. He said it was one of the best salads he'd ever had (he's not much of a salad person normally) and asked for a take home box. The salad was just as good for the next days lunch. My wish is that Houston's would open here in Charleston, SC. Tell me when, we'll be there!

• Visited February 2014