“YUCK!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Chesterfield, Virginia
“YUCK!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

First of all, we came in sort of late. As we were seated we were told - "The kitchen closes at 9. We don't, but make sure you order before 9." Okay - maybe we should have left. Maybe they shouldn't have seated us.
Fair enough, but the staff was rushing around like crazy. Like they were on speed. We felt rushed to order, and rushed to eat. Waiters were putting up chairs, not answering the phone [I could hear them saying "we're closed" in the background. After our meal was served, the kitchen staff headed to the bar area...and we felt like they were just waiting for us to leave.
So, the entire meal was rushed, the atmosphere was not relaxed. I wanted to just have the entrees in a box to go.
Now to the food.
The salad was good, the bread was good - my entree, eggplant parm was okay, but the sauce was AWFUL. Perhaps a can of tomatoes dumped on top. It started to separate almost immediately, so my food was sitting in a puddle of red water. Unappetizing.
My companion's food was bland.
Not going back again. Ever.

• Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Just OK”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Having a friend in the Italian restaurant business, I'm a little biased but I definitely thought they were just average. The server left a LOTto be desired. Was annoyed with me asking if the bar could make a mojito, didn't ask my boyfriend if he wanted another beer when taking his glass away and asked what mostaccioli was when we tried to order it. Overall the food was mediocre. I would not go back.

• Visited April 2013
Sonora, California
“great!!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

fantastic food. good prices. we were on vacation and met family at this place. They live nearby and come often. We ate chickien, rib-eye, ravilois, eggplant and lasagna. The service was fast. great garlic bread and split pea soup.

• Visited March 2013
San Jose, California
“Great bar menu - good food at very good prices”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We came here for a quick bite prior to attending a night baseball game. They featured (along with a full menu) approximately a dozen items on their bar menu that were served piping, hot in a reasonable time period and were value priced.

I enjoyed a well prepared strip steak, green beans, excellent garlic bread and a reasonable Chianti. My partner had shrimp and a friend had a pulled pork sandwich all offered at a good value.

The place was a local place, but most welcoming our spring training visiting group.

• Visited March 2013
Portland, Or
“Can't believe a place like this still exists”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had the best dinner... Friendly service, great atmosphere, fantastic food... Great ambience... Homey....family run....huge portions, lots of special extras. You must eat here. You won't be disappointed. This family takes pride... We were served by the owner's son.