“First place we go to when we go to Scottsdale”
Review of Karsen's Grill

Karsen's Grill
Ranked #209 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Sacramento, California
“First place we go to when we go to Scottsdale”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Been going there for over ten years!!! It's a fun friendly place with great food and drinks. The newer items are the brisket and pulled pork sandwiches .YUM! The staff is great and you will always find a new friend to talk to and laugh with. Very friendly place!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Denise44_13

Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheers of Scottsdale”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have been coming to Karsen’s Grill for many years. I have always nicknamed it the Cheers of Scottsdale because I always meet a new friend. Food is fabulous especially the newest salad Scottsdale Salad. The service is friendly. Need the latest on baseball trivia ask one of the owner’s Ray. This is the best gem in old Town Scottsdale.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JoJo F
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You HAVE to try this place!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

WOW! I cannot say enough great things about this place! I have been back on more than one occasion since the start of spring training & have tried something from every category on the menu.. & have LOVED every single thing. Everything comes out hot, fresh & looks as good as it tastes! And they don't hold back- you get very generous portions of everything! Can't beat their daily specials either! Great food, reasonable prices, & really good service. If you haven't been there GO & stop missing out on some of the best food in downtown Scottsdale!

1 Thank Hyperblast16
Fulton, Maryland
“Great little bar and grille in Old Scottsdale”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to have lunch here before heading to the airport to go home. Fortunately, there was no SF Giants Spring Training game in Scottsdale that afternoon, so the bar was not at all crowded. Turns out the bartender was a transplanted Connecticut native (who was, unfortunately, a Red Sox fan--but I guees nobody's perfect). We started with a couple of Blood Orange margaritas which were both excellent! I had the Karsen's cheeseburger with fries, and my wife had the tuna melt. Both dishes were absolutely delicious! We ate while watching spring training baseball on the TV. Food was reasonably priced, and we were not rushed at all. If you're looking for a good, basic American meal, and great drinks, this is a great place to go. I'd highly recommend it.

2 Thank ccsuwxman19
Baltimore
“A great place to hang out and become a regular”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've been going to Karsen's for 20 years now. When I was a college kid writing about minor league baseball at nearby Scottsdale Stadium most of the reporters covering the team and the ballpark staff would go to Karsen's after the game. We'd hang out and talk long into the night. Everyone there made me feel immediately welcome and I quickly became a regular. Although I have since moved to Baltimore, MD 15 years ago I still return every year for the Cactus League spring training season and go to Karsen's before and after every game at Scottsdale Stadium. All of my friends know that it is our default meeting place and it's that way for just about everyone who hangs out there. You can leave things like ballgame tickets, notes for friends, or lost and found items or gifts with the bartenders and they'll be sure to end up in the proper person's hands. You can hear laughter eminating from the place from a block away and when you walk in you feel like you've been invited to party. There's a good chance you'll see and meet some hot chicks there. The machaca beef nachos are the best nachos you will find ANYWHERE. See you there.

• Visited March 2012