“Finally, decent Thai food”
Review of Cha Da Thai

Cha Da Thai
Ranked #308 of 1,283 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
Description: Authentic Thai art, sculptures. Along with the real deal in authentic Thai cuisine. Peaceful, serene, Thai style.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I've lived in the Scottsdale area for four years now and tried over a dozen Thai restaurants. This is the best so far - and reasonably priced to boot. I went for lunch and was pleased with the pleasant ambience, the service, the cleanliness, and the variety of the menu as well as the food. The food is attractively presented, fresh, and authentic. I'm anxious to return and try more menu items. And I'm glad I no longer need to drive to Payson for a decent Thai meal.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

A Great Place To Introduce Someone To Thai! The Food Is Over The Top, 5 Star! Didn't Realize We Had Been Driving By Several Times Warm And Elegant Ambiance.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stopped by last night for my second time for take out. I had the honeyed roast duck.....it was very good. The owner who has been mentioned in various other posts, made a point of speaking with me at the cash register and making recommendations for my future visits. That kind of interaction makes all the difference in how you experience a restaurant.

The first visit I had the Tom Yum soup and Pad Thai both of which were far better than others I have had in other Thai restos.

We need to support this business to ensure it thrives.

1  Thank jamielaurenhunter
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Having been to Thailand a number of times I have yet to come across a restaurant be it in Europe or US that that produce the REAL flavours of Thai food. Well now I have found it. Cha Da Thai has everything it is the best Thai food outside Thailand. Visit this restaurant it will be the best choice you will make.

1  Thank Linoslomax
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Simply put, this neighborhood Thai restaurant ranks with the best we have found anywhere, including Bangkok. There is nothing fancy or pretentious here, as is true with most good Thai places, although it is pleasantly decorated. The food is excellent, however, with fresh meats and vegetables to provide the basis for great cooking. The owner and backbone of this establishment is a delightful young Thai woman named Nina, who opened the place last July after taking over the space previously occupied by the very good Sawadee Restaurant. Nina has put her heart into this undertaking, and it shows, particularly in the food, much of which she cooks and which is to Bangkok standards of quality, although some ingredients necessarily are substituted. The pumpkin curry, preferably with chicken, is outstanding, as is the Pad Siew, a wonderful noodle dish, also favored with chicken. Portions are generous and prices are modest, service is excellent and the menu invites us to try every dish, so that we don't miss anything special. We love Thai food and have no reason to go elsewhere when we are fortunate to have this gem not too far away. Try the two dishes we mentioned and you'll likely become a regular as well. A side note--Cha Da offers a 10 percent discount for cash, so it may be worth a side trip to the ATM.

1  Thank AJandMR