“Brick Oven Pizza and Wine”
Review of Teatro Pizzeria - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Teatro Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 24, 2013

For a pizza experience other than the usual chains,take a date or significant other and go to Teatro. The pies are somewhat smaller, but are like little gems. Wonderfully fresh pizza dough! We had the Finnochio pie. My house salad came dressed in balsamic. My husband had a Ceasar salad and enjoyed it. Both of us had wine and we spent $48.00 tip included.

The atmosphere is fun, since you can watch pizza coming in and out of the brick oven. A bar area spans a wall along one side. So diners can belly-up to the bar to eat. I wouldn't bring young children here. This is fine dining pizza.

Oh! I forgot. There is a menu of Italian dishes to enjoy if you don't want pizza. Freshly made pasta is a specialty.

Try them!!! They are getting busy. We are going back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Teatro Pizzeria

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Perfectly spot on. The decor is beautiful and artful. Warm colors and low lighting with a big bar, the pizza wood fired oven and the open kitchen adding to the excellent ambiance. People are very much enjoying the food, space and music so the noise decibel count is high--very noisy.But it makes it sort of cozy. By the way, the music is opera (Pavarottii) and charmingly low--for once appropriate and every so appreciated. The owner is from Italy and in true Italian fashion makes rounds of the tables to see that his guests are cared for. This restaurant is filling a void so badly needed in this area because of the derth of places to eat and gather. Puts all the Italian food imposters in Carefree and Cave Creek to shame. Now we dont have to travel 30 miles to patronize an authentically delicious establishment. The pizzas are very thin with a toasted crust and nice and chewy. The pasta is fresh and not dried and the desserts were typically italian and very tempting. I will be back often when I need to get away and go to Italy for an hour minus the plane ride. Yay!!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

It is hard to recommend this excellent restaurant in the midst of the north Scottsdale "restaurant dead zone". Not because it is not great, but because it is so small and there are so few decent alternatives within a 10 mile radius. Once word gets out, it will be impossible to get a table here. Try the pizza, lasagna, cakes -- all are excellent.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I think the pizza, service, wine, atmosphere is VERY enjoyable. Is there better pizza? Sure. I mean, two words, Chris Bianca. BUT...I can't drive thirty minutes to downtown Phx when I got a babysitter so for Cave Creek, I think it's maybe the best pie around.

The service is good except for the creepy young waitress who likes to flirt with all the married men-- guess she gets her rocks off doing it but it makes it a little uncomfortable. :)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The best pizza in the Phoenix metro area is Pizzeria Bianco all the way downtown. We now have some competition in the northeast corner of the Valley. Teatro Pizzeria opened recently in the Safeway/Target shopping area on Scottsdale Road at Ashler Hills, and has the same ownership and quality as the Blu Burger next door. We've eaten here three or four times, and are impressed by the quality and consistency of the salads and pizzas. First, the pizzas, made by a master pizza chef from Rome. They are wood-fired, thin, and just a bit-burnt around the edge--a wonderful chewy crust of Italian wheat. There are red and white pizzas, and our favorite is Finocchio, with pepperoni and mushrooms. We've had several salads, as well, and have enjoyed greatly the Caesar and Jen's Salad.
Prices are reasonable and service is very good.