“Needs Improvement”

Add it.
Teatro Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 19, 2013

In my unceasing quest for good pizza, I decided to give this fairly new establishment a try. The décor looks new and it has a comfortable, “shabby chic” feel (the chairs do not match, chandeliers light the space, there are doors/windows painted all over the walls, etc.). While the feel of the restaurant is quaint, the food is not a stand out for those who respect the art of a good pizza. I stuck to the basics and ordered a Margherita pizza followed by Crème Brûlée for dessert. With the noticeable smell of burnt crust wafting through the air, I should not have been surprised that my pizza crust was severely burned, making that the prominent taste of the pizza. As I panned the other pizzas being delivered to hungry patrons, I noticed a pattern…all the pizza crusts were burned. Perhaps it is the new brick oven that has yet to become seasoned. Perhaps it is the preparers who have yet to master the art of making a perfect pizza. Whatever the reason, the pizza being served here is not good on any level. The dessert was equally disappointing with its mediocre taste. I hope as time passes things improve for this start-up, but in the meantime, I will just have to enjoy pizza elsewhere.