I've been to other butterfly exhibits that were quite nice, but this one far exceeded in numerous ways. Namely,
1) Very informative, interesting and cool 3D movie about monarchs. Stunning and amazing how they migrate.
2) 100s of LIVE butterfly cocoons. If you're lucky you will see one emerge. From here they are moved to the conservancy. Lots of butterflies I've never seen! Very, very cool!
3) The conservancy is SUPERVISED! This means a lot. I've been where the poor butterflies are torn apart by people who want to touch. Here they monitor the crowd. The conservancy also maintains a good amount of humidity. When you exit, you are stopped in a small room with a mirror to check for hitchhiker butterflies. Again, good thought in keeping the insects safe.
4) After you exit the conservancy, you will see the ant farms, then the bees, and then the aquariums. There is one tank of skates that you can lightly touch.
5) Of course there is a gift shop! But this is probably one of the best I've been too after an exhibit. Beautiful writing paper, glassware, t-shirts.
Hopefully, this type of exhibit will encourage people to create habitats in their yards/towns for the butterflies to survive.
Wear something bright if you want the butterflies to land on you. Bring your camera! The conservancy is hot and humid. We were there about 1.5 hours.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.