Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Our second time, so worth it!

Reviewed yesterday

Heather R
Waupun, Wisconsin
via mobile

1,302 results
All reviews d movie beautiful butterflies monarch butterflies small aquarium life cycle different species live butterflies all ages koi pond gift shop bring your camera unique experience kids and adults walk around whole family phoenix area migration
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I find this place totally fascinating. We only went to the butterfly portion and skipped the aquarium. You start off by seeing a 3D movie about the migration of monarch butterflies. (If this movie does not make you want to go home and plant a butterfly bush, you have no soul.) After the movie, you make your way in to a room where you can watch butterflies “hatching” from their cocoons. Marvelous! The best part is obviously when they turn you loose in the main arena where there are large plants, trees, pathways, flowers, and thousands of butterflies. Little kids, teenagers, seniors and even a middle age guy like me can take it all in and appreciate everything.

We took at least a hundred pictures. I highly recommend using the slow-mo video on your iPhone! We spent about 3 hours here. I could have stayed longer, but my teenagers were getting hangry. I think our admission for four of us was $98. It was my second visit, and totally worth it.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We took an afternoon of our trip to visit. It was absolutely worth it. The butterflies were beautiful! The staff were very educated about butterflies- their life cycles & how to just leave them fly so we don't harm them. I was very impressed! Highly recommend to stop here if you have time!

Butterfly W, Guest Relations Manager at Butterfly Wonderland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you for your review, Heather! We appreciate your kind words about our staff and are so glad we were able to impress!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I love this place . The 3D movie is fascinating and so interesting.
Then the interaction with thousands of butterflies is so fun. If you stand or sit still they land all over you. My granddaughter had one on her hand and it stayed as we walked around. Finally we asked for help and she gently helped it go on it's way. Pictures are great to remember such a fun event. I have visited these exhibits in other states. But Scottsdale, AZ is the best!

Butterfly W, Guest Relations Manager at Butterfly Wonderland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the wonderful review, Christine! We love hearing about our butterflies catching a ride on our guests!

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Butterfly wonderland is an attraction like no other, in Arizona. The 3d movie is very informative & lifelike. The next step of the exhibit is a tour and self-guided experience into the butterfly sanctuary. It is colorful & peaceful. Located in a misty, greenhouse. The butterflies are in their own habitat; which makes touring it, a transformative experience. They fly about, landing on you and allowing you to feel like you are in a tropical jungle. The "guides", are at the ready to answer any questions & to explain what you are seeing. I took my whole family & our 3yr old grand-daughter, we were all in awe. It is an experience, well worth the money.

Hi Cheryl, thank you so much for your review today! Our pride and joy is our conservatory. It truly is an escape from the everyday. We are glad to hear that the members of our team are very informative! See you next time!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Such a lovely and peaceful place to visit and just be able to sit with so many different butterflies. I initially thought it would be boring but found out otherwise. Such a nice place to visit.

We are so glad to hear that you find the conservatory as peaceful as we do. Thank you for the wonderful review Amelia! See you again next time!

Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff were so informative and the butterflies So beautiful. My daughter and I had so much fun exploring the habitat and even had butterflies land on us!

It is truly a special feeling when the butterflies choose to land on you and we're so happy you got to experience it! Thank you for your review Julie!

Reviewed 1 week ago

If you live in Scottsdale or the Pheonix area. this can be a good few hours out of the heat but at 16.00 a kid and 23.95 a kid you might want to invest in the annual pass.

The butterfly area is really what you are paying for and the area is nice with lots of butterflies. Make sure you and your kids wear bright shirts to attract the butterflies to land on you. That is the highlight of the visit.

But after that aside from the small aquarium and stingray pond, there is not much. Maybe I'm expecting too much for the amount paid.

The pictures they take are for sale in the gift shop at 20,00 a photo. I think if they throw in a souvenir cup or another keepsake for the kids it may make me feel better about the price of the adult and the kids.

Thank you Linda. We appreciate that you took the time to provide an honest review on your experience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was truly a breathtaking experience. There is a short 3-D film about the life cycle of the monarch butterfly, then you go into the chrysalis room. There were multiple butterflies that emerged while watching. So exciting to see a new butterfly emerge. Then into the main event, the huge butterfly area. I have never seen so many butterflies, so many colors, so many sizes! It was beautiful to just stand and watch them flying everywhere! Truly breathtaking to see an amazing creation of God!

Butterfly W, Guest Relations Manager at Butterfly Wonderland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We're thrilled to hear you had such a great time here at Butterfly Wonderland! Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed an extra day in town when I found this place on line. What a wonderful, beautiful experience! You start with a fantastic 3D film on the Monarch butterfly, then you go to a small room where you can see the beginnings of butterflies, then the best of all is when you walk through the door into the butterfly enclosure - how awesome it was to see all the thousands of butterflies all over, a few landed on me. the variety and colors are amazing - you will love it and if you have kids make sure to bring them. After the enclosure they have spiders, scorpions, roaches and reptiles on display. So very much worth the extra day in town!

Thank you for your review Annette! We're so happy to hear we made your extra day worth the stay!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A nice place to visit with your grandkids or family but it is expensive. Our admission for a combo ticket along with OdySea was about $51 each with a senior discount. Had to hit the IRA for that one. Seriously, the initial 3D movie on the journey of the Monarch butterfly was great. The butterfly room put you into the humid tropics for a nice quick stroll among the flying beauties. Spiders, scorpions and a few reptiles were safely quartered in adjacent rooms. It was not crowded when we visited on October 11 but I imagine it can be in the busy months.

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with your family!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.