“lunch for 4”

Tandoori Times 2 Indian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tandoori Times 2 Indian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #517 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Phoenix, Arizona
“lunch for 4”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Going with 2 Indian people made the choice of dishes more memorable
The wife is vegetarian and had many choices on the menu
This is the best Indian food we have had in the city of Phoenix, AZ
Highlights: good samosas - great chickpea dish - Naan bread great [garlicky]
Chicken and lamb curries: well seasoned

• Visited January 2014

Pebble Beach, California, United States
“Casual and satisfying.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Two friends and I were passing through this little plaza when we visited scottsdale. We were craving ethnic spice so we settled on Indian food at Tandoori Times It was a little hidden but we found it. We were one of three tables in the restaurant as it was mid-afternoon. The waiter was prompt, helpful and courteous. Sure the Indian food was probably a far cry from the authentic, but my uncultured, unscrupulous stomach was quite happy with it.

We ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala, the Chicken Korma, and the Navaratan Korma. All deliciously spiced and perfectly paired with basmati and an assortment of naans. On top of that they offer hookah on their patio on weekends. We almost stayed all evening!

Good food, good decor, and good service.

• Visited April 2013
Maricopa, Arizona
“POOR AMERICANIZED INDIAN FOOD HERE”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had our first visit to Tandoori Times 2 on Saturday 3/30/2013 meeting friends for dinner. Please note that there are three of these Restaurants in AZ: the original, #2 and #3, so the reviews could be misplaced. We dined at the location listed--8140 N Hayden Rd.

I did read other reviews on a different Website before dinning here. One review warned: "We ordered 2 orders of garlic naan and it was burnt. Not just a little over cooked, the whole bottom of each piece was black charred burnt." I "was going to" state: DON"T BURN THE NAAN when we ordered-but I didn't. The result was BURNT NAAN BREAD!

We ordered the Tandoori Shrimp for an appetizer @ $5.95 and it was very good. My wife ordered the Mumbai Curry Prawns @ $13.95 while I had the Chicken Tikki Marsala @ $12.95--kind of Americanized with little taste. My chicken was prepared unlike any other Indian Restaurant we've visited. It was ok but not real Chicken Tikki Marsala--very different! Additionally we ordered: Seasoned rice @ $2.75, Garlic Naan @ $2.75-BURNT! + Mango Chutney @ $1.95, Diet Coke @ $1.95 & one 22 ounce Kingfisher beer served with a WARM glass @ $7 happy hour price--FROZEN GLASS PLEASE!. Cost for above was $49.25 + tax & tip. Reasonable cost for this meal. Our friends ordered something different but the end cost was similar.

Opinion on the meal: We like our meals to be HOT-temperature wise. When you place hot food on a cold serving plate, the heat is transferred to that plate. Other Indian Restaurants we've dined in use preheated copper kettles or cast iron skillets to serve the food which remains hot. I ordered the food at a spice level of 6. Each restaurant has a different meaning for the level of spice. I would recommend a higher level of spice here. DO NOT ORDER the Naan Bread unless you like it burnt/black on the bottom. Service was very good and the restrooms were clean.

Very strange as Tandoori Times has a Belly Dancer. Maybe this restaurant reflects a different region of India? We feel that they serve an Americanized style of Indian dishes. For my wife & I, Tandoori Times 2 appears to be "different" from other Indian Restaurants we have dined in AZ + UT, NC and NYC. My rating reflects the burnt/black naan bread, low spice level and the meal that cooled off rather fast.

Read a SIGN in the Men's Restroom---Free Wi-Fi--ask your server for the password. Interesting sign placement! Don't know if the Ladies restroom had THAT sign.

• Visited March 2013