“Not-so-hidden gem--great salads!”

Original ChopShop
Ranked #171 of 1,307 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Established in 2013. We believe that eating well makes us happier people. From meetings and traffic to soccer practice and social life, it can be challenging to feed your well-being. This inspired us to create Original ChopShop, a neighborhood eatery crafting food for every/body. It is our goal to provide a warm, welcoming place.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Hiding in plain view is a great place for salads, and other light fare is this gem...the ChopShop. I needed a close place for lunch as I had two hours in-between meetings. Driving north up Scottsdale Rd, I stopped at a light and looked left and saw ChopShop on the NW corner. Lots of tables outdoors--mostly all filed with folks of all ages. I found a spot to park and took a chance that paid off quite well.

The menu is health-conscious with many options. I choose the beet salad, a great "chop" salad (small pieces) with beets, goat cheese, very thinly sliced apple, cashews and golden raisins--I ate it all. Selecting just one thing was a hard choice as many salads and sandwiches sounded fabulous as well. There is also a protein plate as well as many types of juices, smoothies, cold drinks plus coffees, teas and some great chocolate too. Yum!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great fresh food that is moderately priced. I'll keep this real short and sweet.

I could eat here every night of the week and order the Tri Tip sandwich every time. Finished!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We came here for lunch and the lines and people were annoying. I must say they should have rope or something to keep people in line and orderly. Its hard to see the menu especially if there are so many people taller than you! Overall it was great food well worth the annoying part of the ordering process. I have the Danish salad that was superb and my family had the Beet, Asian Salads with a side of Quinoa and veggies. I love the cucumber water that they have for you! For some reason, I love the freshness of the cucumber in water with salads! Price is right and food is great! Just expect crazy lines at lunch!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the food at the Chop Shop. The Chicken Protein Plate was plentiful to share. We also had protein shake which was with kale, green and tasted great. It has a wonderful outdoor seating area at a great, busy corner for people watching and car viewing. Healthy and enjoyable!

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

The beet salad was possibly the best salad I've ever eaten. And the value was terrific. The salad had the perfect proportions of greens, beets, goat cheese and cashews. And the dressing was just the right amount. What a happy discovery. I'm just sorry I live in Florida and won't get to enjoy this often!