“Italian Beef Sandwich is the best!”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #65 of 1,308 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Friends of ours from the Chicago area took us to Portillo's in Scottsdale, while we were on vacation last week. The Italian Beef sandwich was wonderful! I had mine with extra gravy (not dipped, it makes the bun too soggy), my husband had the Combo. I just can't say enough about how good it was. If you have a small appetite, one sandwich is more than enough to share. We also had the chocolate cake for dessert. Double yummy! Our friends had the strawberry shortcake, and it looked delicious as well. Fast service, friendly staff, reasonable prices. It doesn't get a lot better than this!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

It is hard to believe anything good could come out of Chicago given our current political disaster, but this place was great. It's design is an interesting blend of the '50s and '80s in my perspective. Service was friendly and the food was delicious and very reasonably priced. The staff represented both young and older generations which makes it attractive to a broader blend of ages. Rather like the 50s when communities were blended across generations and not isolated as they are now. The menu is a lot more than hot dogs, but the jumbo chili dog I had was great.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Been here on a few occasions for lunch and dinner and I just don't get the attraction. Hot dogs were flavorless and had no snap. Fries were nothing special. There are plenty of fast casual places to choose from and if I am in the mood for a hot dog I would rather drive to Ted's in Tempe.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

It's a 'sometimes' weekend lunch place for my family. Husband gets the sweet beef with extra gravy. My Mom gets the spicy beef. Kids like the chicken tenders and hot dog with fries And I'm a fan of the chicken chopped salad. No one deviates from their 'fave' here....why would you ;)

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Awesome hotdogs and Italian beef sandwiches. The chocolate cake and chocolate cake shakes are both amazing. This place always has good buzz.