“Review of the Scottsdale location”
Review of First Watch

Reviewed April 27, 2013

16455 N. Scottsdale Rd #107
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
480-248-9602

First Watch has several locations in the Phoenix metro area. This review concerns the location in Scottsdale.
This was luncheon date with a friend. This restaurant has proven to be a favorite of ours for when we can get away to do this.
Always the atmosphere is pleasant and inviting here. The wait staff is welcoming and friendly and didn't appear to be as rushed as at one of the other locations I dined at before.
My friend ordered blueberry pancakes. They were quite large and two were more than enough for her. Unfortunately, this time they seemed a bit dry and the baking powder taste was very noticeable. Adding more syrup to combat the dryness just made them overly sweet. That was a first, they are usually quite good.
I had the crepes with fresh fruit and strawberry yogurt. This is always good; light and refreshing. Next time I will ask for a second cup of the yogurt, since there didn't seem to be enough this time.
The restaurant was quiet at mid-morning, so we could converse and we enjoyed this break in our day. Clean restrooms and off street parking. A convenient location in a shopping mall.
The menu has several healthy choices with a wide selection of breakfast and lunch alternatives. They are not open for dinner.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We spent a week in Scottsdale, and was recommended to this restaurant by a fellow diner at another restaurant the night before. We wanted a nice breakfast restaurant, and this one filled the bill. My husband ordered the traditional breakfast and I ordered a Pecan chicken salad (I was tired of traditional breakfasts). He reported that his meal was very good; mine was excellent. I went back the next day for another exact salad and it was just as Delicious. Our waitress was above average and we tippled her for her wonderful efforts to please us.

When we returned a few days later, sadly,the man waiting on us ruined the whole experience
He acted like we were a bother, and when my husband's breakfast came the toast was just on top of the eggs not on a separate bread plate He placed my omelet down as loud as he could, with no comments. It appeared as if he didn't want to be at work that day. Luckily, the rest of the staff was kind and pleasant..

On our last day in town we went back and again uit was pleasant and our waiter was very nice. the food was great, as usual. I wish this restaurant was in my home town, as it would be my Sunday brunch place to go.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was a family thing,everyone had something different and all were pleased..Coffee was great,big cups and a carafe on the table,so nice. This may sound crazy, but I hate cheap flimsy silverware theirs is a nice classy heavyweight set that fits more with fine dining. So I was a happy boy. I only wish it was closer to where I live so I could try everything on the menu. The big surprise was that it was so inexpensive. Best breakfast in months (last time I was there!).

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We read in some Scottsdale magazine that this place was rated "the best breakfast in the Valley" (not sure by whom??) and so we decided to try it out.
The breakfast was pretty good. We paid $1 extra to get real maple syrup with our pancake but thats not a huge deal. Tried the omelette and pancakes.
we had no complaints and would go back again.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate breakfast here this week.....our first time ever dining at this establishment. The food was excellent. I had the fruit crepes and they were outstanding along with the granola and muffin that accompanied my meal. My wife had a hash and enjoyed it. The total bill with tip was less than one breakfast at the resort we stayed at.