“Pure luxury in the desert!”

Phoenician Residences, Luxury Collection
Ranked #59 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This review of the Phoenician Residences is long overdue. My family and I stayed here the first week of August 2013. All the previous reviewers of this place appear to have stayed at The Phoenician hotel, not the Residences. Check-in was at the hotel. Our villa was not ready when we arrived. That was fine since it allowed us time to explore the lobby area and shops. Belinda at the front desk who checked us in was extremely helpful as this was our first time visiting the resort. She had asked if we were celebrating anything and I mentioned it was my wife's birthday.

Our villa 7705 was finally ready and we drove out to the enclave of villas near the entrance of the resort. When we walked through the front door, we were amazed. This was truly well-appointed accommodations with luxurious furnishings throughout. The villa was huge with 2 bedrooms (one of which was a master) and a den. It had 2 bathrooms, one shared for the secondary bedroom (queen bed)and den (sofa sleeper) and the other an ensuite bathroom off the master bedroom (king bed). The master bath had a large shower and separate soaking tub. The living room was spacious also containing a sofa sleeper. A total of eight could sleep comfortably in this villa. There was a large dining table for six. The gourmet kitchen had all the stainless steel appliances needed to create multi-course meals. There was also a handy washer and dryer off of the kitchen. In the garage was our very own 6-passenger club car that we used during our stay to travel throughout the entire resort. Off of the living room and the master bedroom was the backyard area and pool. Now, the website describes the pool as a plunge pool. When you think of a plunge pool you usually think of something barely larger than a hot tub and only a few feet deep. However, this was our own private pool deeper than 5 feet with a jacuzzi. We spent most of our mornings and evenings in the pool. Also in the back were different seating areas. There was a fire pit and a grill which we used a couple of times despite the Arizona heat. Shortly after we checked in, Belinda had sent my wife a plate of decadent chocolates and a short personal note wishing her a happy birthday. What an excellent touch!

As an added benefit we still had access to all the amenities that the Phoenician resort had to offer. The hotel had a number of pools. The water slide was fast, but seemed a bit too narrow for adults. Our kids enjoyed it though. We took advantage of the happy hour at the ice cream parlor and went there a number of times... Whoever thought of that is a genius. We mostly ate in the villa, but we did eat at Relish which was good. Our four nights at this oasis in the desert went by way too fast. We weren't able to visit this year, but hope to return in 2015!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank David J

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This wonderful place might be showing a little bit of age in its decor but the service provided by all staff members is more than enough for you to want to return.... many times. Our room was clean and had a good pool view. A minor reservation issue was quickly and pleasantly handled by Chris Jennings, the reservations manager.

Courtesy was extended from the moment we arrived and every day we were there. In-room dining greeted our arrival with a wonderful treat. Our dinner at the J&G Steakhouse was wonderful, made memorable by its perfect preparation, a gracious manager who poured our wine and Jeff, our waiter who made it fun.

We will return.

Room Tip: I like the pool view from the hotel on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was so excited to stay here after looking at the website and the impressive video. However, I was disappointed when I arrived and saw my room. It was nice but I expected more luxury. The location of the room was wonderful. It was near the koi pond and the outdoor patio view was pleasant and pretty.
What I was really disappointed in was the condition of the chair cushions at the pool. There was bird poop on them. I think the hotel needs to upgrade their pool furniture. Also, there was loud music at the pool and it was a challenge to find an area where there was quiet so one could relax. I felt like I was on a carnival cruise!
That being said, the grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. The staff was exceptional. Food good. Massages great.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My fiance and I enjoyed our stay here. The food in the restaurants is excellent, the service as well. I especially enjoyed my iPhone/Ipad photo app class with Caitlin McAllister.
Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Beautiful rooms, and very spacious bathrooms! We stayed here two nights. The beds were comfy. Enjoyed the amenities, including the spa and yoga classes. I would definitely recommend this resort and would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Wonderful experience. Treated extremely well throughout stay. Front desk, concierge, in-room dining, pool area, restaurants and overall flow of a highly-polished management. Great first visit.
As a very nice feature, for as regarded as this property is, is that they have very reasonable-priced food, beverage, etc. throughout. Great piano and then acoustic solo music evening hours.
Would recommend to any couples, friends or families for relaxed, peaceful experience of Phoenix, Scottsdale.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We come every year to this stunning resort! This year was just as nice as years past except for a couple of items. The carpet in our room was very dirty. We could not walk on it in our white socks for long without black feet on the bottom (grand deluxe room) ! The front desk attendant told us that the rooms are about to go under renovation. We hope they keep the wonderful colors that the Phoenician is known for, i.e. yellows and greens! Stay away from the earth tones. They are in every other resort in the southwest! The other item is the adult relaxation pool! It Is now in dyer need of repair. Old stained plaster and black algae ALL over. Pretty disgusting for a 5 star resort. They have not put the money in it that they need too! VERY obvious. One other small thing but important to the ladies out there....They cut there toiletries in 1/2. the size from a couple of years ago. I feel this is pure greed! The golf courses and grounds are beautiful and the food is second to none. The service is first class but we just hope they put some thought into the above mentioned items!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple