“Great food, great ambiance! ”
Review of SOL Mexican Cocina

SOL Mexican Cocina
Ranked #101 of 1,267 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great food, great ambiance! ”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and their tacos are delicious! Instead of the rice and beans on the side I'd recommend their grilled corn, it is incredible! Overall a great selection of good authentic Mexican cuisine!!!

Calgary, Canada
“Great food and we eat the twice!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We had two fantastic dinners at Sol. The margaritas were wonderful and the food was delicious. The portions are large. The chips and salsa that comes to the table was some of the best I have ever had. Highly recommend this restaurant. Free parking in the garage beside the restaurant is a bonus.

Visited March 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“High Energy, Excellent Food”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Spent a week in Scottsdale and this was one of our most enjoyable dinners. Margaritas were great, per my wife, and they actually sold Orin Swift Prisoner by the glass, which made them go to the top of my list. For dinner, my wife and I both opted for the taco side of the menu, server assured us this was the way to go. We each ordered a variety of tacos. getting both seafood and meat. Each one was unique in taste, we went from sweet to spice and they were all dynamite. Highly suggest a visit.

Visited March 2014
Boulder, CO
“I don't get it”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We picked this place based on all the great reviews but boy was it a disappointment. Without exception, the dishes ordered by our party of four were mediocre at best. Anyone who thinks that this food approaches true Baja cuisine has never been to there. My fish tacos were pretty tasteless. Ditto for the chicken and carnitas tacos. My $18 grande Marg recommended by the server had almost no tequila in it. The bread pudding dessert was hard as a rock, but they took it off the check after we pointed this out. Add to that the inattentive service and our server not being overly knowledgable about ingredients. But at least the decibel level was louder than a Rolling Stones concert. Stay away. There are much better Mexican places in metro Phoenix.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mutt99
Bellevue
“Tacos a la Choice!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My first visit to SOL and won't be my last. I enjoyed lunch with a colleague, sitting outside on their secluded patio on a perfect March day. We were seated and greeted promptly, served water and drink orders. Excellent start! The server asked if we were first timers, and after replying "yes", he offered to assist us in any way to explain the multiple choices on the menu. He explained that the dishes had more of a Baja California origin rather than Tex-Mex. Out came the house made, crisp, wonderful fried corn tortillas -- thin and tasty along with a hot bean dip and a salsa dip.

We each ordered different types of tacos -- 4 different choices in all -- and the tastes were magnificent. This time the taco shells were not fried, but soft -- adding to the overall good texture of the meal. It can be messy to eat but who cares. Each of us ordered an extra side of black beans which were also sumptuous.

The ice tea pours never stopped -- they topped off continuously, which we appreciated greatly. In the end, no room for dessert but we were very satisfied with the entire experience.

• Visited March 2014