“Expensive for two hamburgers”
Review of The Grind - CLOSED

The Grind
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The burgers were very tasty, as were the fries , that part was good but $35.00 was a but high in my estimation. Lots of good hamburger places in Scottsdale where the price us more in line for a lunch. Anyway, it was okay but might not be visited again,

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The burgers are quite large, cooked just like I ordered it, a barbecue burger with their special home made source. Fried were extra. They had delicious sweet potato fries. Their was only one waitress and she was hustling. I thought $21 was pricy for lunch for one, even tho delicious. A group of 5 came after me and ordered right after me, I finished my meal, paid the check and they were still waiting when I left. Not good. Slow cook?? Special orders?? Not sure but thought I would pass that along.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Wow! I wasn't quite sure about this place, but everything was delicious! I ordered the Nogales burger. I'm a sucker for anything with tamales. This burger had chorizo, tamales, roasted poblano and white cheddar with a side of onion rings. My boyfriend ordered the Steakhouse burger and said the sauce was incredible. He had the mixed fried for his side. We finished with an order of warm doughnuts and salted butterscotch sauce. Our waiter told us the wait staff catches people licking the sauce container. I can see why, the sauce was very yummy. When the waiter brought our bill out, he also brought a little container of butterscotch to take home. At first I thought it was the steakhouse sauce, so was pleasantly surprised.

One of the best burgers I've ever had. And one of the most enjoyable dining experiences. Our waiter was the best. Very personable and professional. While the food was truly great, he is part of why we will return.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stay away from this place at all costs! The service was terrible, took 10 minutes standing at the entrance before we were acknowledged, then told to seat ourselves. We were ignored by all staff, including the owner, for well over 20 minutes. Took another 20 minutes to get drinks. Food was crap, both my chicken wrap and my sisters turkey burger were dry, overcooked and had no flavoring whatsoever. The owner is more concerned about visiting with his friends at the bar than attending to his customers. Our waitress literally just stopped serving us, another waiter took over our table. There are way too many great restaurants in Scottsdale to waste your time and money on this joint.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had a Groupon coupon to use up at The Grind on Friday afternoon. I ordered the kobe burger to go. I thougth at $18.99 ,there would get a little coldslaw or fries in the take out box. No just the burger. I was very ill by 8pm that night. Both ends were pouring out of my body. Wishing I would die with the pain. Still had stomache cramps til Monday.