“Excellent Mexican food in out of the way location”

Hacienda's Mexican Grill
Ranked #301 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Description: Hacienda's Mexican Grill is family owned and operated. We specialize in a variety of gourmet and authentic Mexican cuisine and pride ourselves in using the freshest ingredients.Our food is created after family recipes from the area of Mexico City and other regions including Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, and Cozumel, to name a few.Our dining room has a modern Mexican decor and is 4,200 square feet with a private dining room for parties and events. We have a full bar, a media stage, and DirecTV Sunday's Ticket for sports and entertainment. Enjoy our two spacious patios in which everyone can delight the Arizona desert view.Our staff is always friendly with smiles across the board. Upscale, original and amazing, are all bundled into our beautiful establishment.Please come and visit us. We will leave you wanting more.
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Mexican food in out of the way location”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and two guests ate with me at this very good restaurant last night. It is located in a complex of retail and food shops. The menu was varied and the food was fresh and tasty. The service also was very good and the prices were quite reasonable. Our major complaint is that we misjudged the distance and suggest that it may take you longer than you plan to get there. Nonetheless, it is worth the trip if you like authentic Mexican food. The seating area was vey clean and the portions were ample. (They had run out of flan for dessert, however, and so one of our guests was disappointed in that regard.) I had the fish tacos, good but rather small in size. The fresh chips and pico de gallo on the table before the meal were excellent. The waiter did forget to bring our order of guacamole as an appetizer, however. All in all, almost excellent but not quite. The setting was slightly noisier than we would have liked, and the restaurant was not crowded on Monday night at 7.

• Visited November 2013

“Great Mexican Restaurant in North Scottsdale”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I just went back for our second lunch at this restaurant and were again very happy with the meal and service. I had the chicken fajitas, and everything was cooked fresh to order. The chicken was cooked perfectly so it was still moist and delicious. My husband tried a special soup with chicken broth, tomatoes, avocados and tortilla strips. It was so good, he ordered a second serving.

The owner and his wife are from Mexico City, and his wife does the cooking. She carefully prepares all of the ingredients as you might at home if you had the time (and knew how). I'm hoping this restaurant makes it in north Scottsdale, because it our new favorite.

• Visited November 2013
Rio Verde, Arizona
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had the Cochinita Pibil (marinated pork) and my wife had the chicken flautas. The dishes were nothing to rave about. It was so average that we will not return

• Visited September 2013
“Not average Mexican fare”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I am hooked on Cochinita Pibil. Try some of the more unusual dishes!!! But if you must, the Chimis and Enchiladas are very good! Home made fresh corn or flour tortillas come with meals. The salsa is smoky and fresh, not bottled! And the puffy green colored chips, mixed in with corn chips that come to the table are my favorite. Shh! Our server brings more of those when I ask.

This is our go-to place in north Scottsdale for Mexican food. The location is a few miles from the Carefree area. A lot of Mexican food in AZ is not delicate and authentic! Come here. Come hungry. No small portions here.

The service is prompt, curtious and the wait staff does the best job explaining items on the menu. Give them a try! I think they do a super job.

• Visited July 2013
Goodyear, Arizona
“Best Mexican food in Arizona”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I have lived in the Phoenix area since 1977, we have eaten at most of the Mexican restaurants in the area. The Hacienda Grill hands down has THE best food. The Carne asada Street Tacos are absolutely mouth watering and the skinny margaritas fantastic.
We fed four people for under $60, I've paid more money and received less quality food & service in many better advertised restaurants.
The restaurant location is an out of the way place in north Scottsdale, but well worth your drive. Its about 8 miles north of LOOP 101 on Scottsdale rd. in the Summit mall area between the Safeway grocery and the Safeway gas station. You can have the address on GPS and drive right by it.

• Visited September 2013