“Giving it a Poor review; Would be Terrible if not for the View”
Review of Isabella's Kitchen

Isabella's Kitchen
Ranked #271 of 1,268 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Scottsdale, AZ
“Giving it a Poor review; Would be Terrible if not for the View”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The view and the building itself are beautiful. Lots of outdoor seating and plenty of fireplaces. That's the only good part about this place. The food, service and prices are awful. Tons of kids running around the grass...you can overlook that if the service and food were OK. The food is awful and expensive. This is a tourist trap at best. Service does not exist. Whoever owns this place...yes, you may get the tourists at this time of year; but look out over the summer. The locals will not put up with this, unless they're looking for a place to drink and have their kids run all over the place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank laplume9254

scottsdale
“Worst Service Ever...and the food isn't much better”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

In my entire life, I do not recall getting service so poor as this. Our party of four had a kid by the name of Cody, and, son, go back to your job stocking shelves somewhere, waiting on tables is not your destiny. This kid couldn't get anything right, with the main problem never remembering a drink order. He apologized at the end for the bad service, but that was all we got-an apology. No manager, no offer of a free dessert, nothing.
Well, let me start off with the fact that this place has a lovely atmosphere and bringing your small kids to let them run around on the grassy exterior back patio seems to be quite the catch. There were easily 15 kids running around when we were there. At least they weren't running around the restaurant and in between tables.Other than that, I do not see a reason for going to the his place. The portions are miserably small and overpriced. We had a fried shrimp appetizer that consisted of 5 shrimps for a whopping 16 bucks. Then there was a bread and cheese plate for another 16 bucks that was decent, but pathectically tiny. My husband and I split a beet salad that about the size of a small dinner salad but priced like an entree salad. We literally had 3 bites each on our split plate.
Unless you like burned pizza, do not order pizza, We split two tiny pizzas for another 16 bucks each and the margherita was not only crappy, the bottom of it was black. The potato pizza wasn't bad, but lacked any significant flavor. At least it wasn't charred black.
Oh here's another thing- I asked for a glass of chardonnay and cody brings me the most expensive one on the menu-a tiny pour at 12 bucks a glass. That irritates me. But the cheapest one was staggering 9 bucks, so I guess you aren't getting off cheap anywhere here.
Bottom line-if this place is open another 6 months I would be surprised and shocked that the tony neighborhood of Greyhawk would support this place much longer with this kind of service and food. Literally the only reason to go there is if you are stuck with a bunch of kids and need a place for them to run around whilst you dine.
Don't bother.

• Visited December 2012
Carefree, Arizona
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stopped there today for lunch. I ordered the spinach salad with grilled chicken and my husband ordered the shrimp in white wine sauce pasta. My husbands pasta was OK $18 and nothing to come back for. My salad was horrible. It was supposed to have a buttermilk dressing, the "dressing" tasted like plain oil (yuck) the bacon was hard enough to break a tooth but at least added some taste to the dish. The chicken was dried up and tasted like it had sat around for a week (yuck). Like something you would pick up in a to-go container at the airport. No bread ever offered the iced tea was small and they were stingy on refills, brought ice instead. We definitely will not return ($50 with tip and a total waste of calories), so many better places to eat! By the way this place is not a mexican restaurant it is Italian, the person who wrote the other review must have visited another restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Otttawa
“a nice surprise”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We read a number of reviews and took a chance after the bartender at Ocean Club recommended Isabella's. Much to our delight it was a fine "neighborhood" eatery. It was packed on a Sunday night with mostly locals. Service was great from the start. The manager ordered our drinks immediately until our very friendly waiter ( Christopher) made it over to our table. We ordered a beet salad (terrific) and enjoyed Spaghetti and Meatballs and the Pork Fettucine. Both were excellent and portions were reasonable. Earlier reviews sopke of pre-opening jitters which they sure seem to have resolved. There seemed to be many staff looking after customers needs. For those living in the Grayhawk and DC Ranch area, you have a great new spot nearby ! Enjoy !!

• Visited November 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Outdoor seating, views, great food”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food here is limited but high quality. Very casual place to grab some food or a pizza. What stands out especially here is the outdoor lounging area and the views. The bar service for us was less than stellar (while waiting for service and standing at the bar, another bar patron commented he would take bets on how long it took them to serve me -- I had to yell for them even though it was 2 barkeeps to less than 25 people at the time), but the table service was fantastic and friendly. For drinks, would recommend sitting outside, where they do have table service - skip the bar. Great place for happy hour with friends. And some fantastic group photo opps for special occasions.

Visited October 2012