“Can't figure out what "upscale" in the name refers to”
Review of X-Tapa Joe's Mexican Food - CLOSED

X-Tapa Joe's Mexican Food
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to X-Tapa Joe's. Located in beautiful North Scottsdale desert line, X-Tapa Joe's serves the finest Mexican foods in the area. At X-Tapa Joe's, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We serve the best quality meats, seafood, and freshest vegetables. Our world famous Cadillac Margaritas are made from Patron Silver tequila. Our menu and attention to detail create a truly enjoyable dinning experience for families and couples alike.Come join us for lunch, dinner, a light snack, or a Margarita at our spacious patios or our fine dinning room. You are always welcome here at X-Tapa Joe's where the serves is friendly and the ambiance inviting.
arizona
“Can't figure out what "upscale" in the name refers to”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The sign on the door states that it is "upscale Mexican Food". As far as I could tell, the only upscale thing about this restaurant was the locatioin. We were there for lunch and the service was pretty poor. The food, average. The best item was the green sauce onthe enchiladas. It was pretty good. I do not plan on returning.

• Visited April 2013

“Popular with locals”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This "upscale" Mexican restaurant is a great place for very good Mexican food. They declare that they are upscale, I will let you decide that one. It is easy to miss this place near intersection of Pinnacle Peak and Hayden (Miller here). I had a salad and and it was fresh and very good. You won't regret eating here.

• Visited March 2013
San Diego, California
“Like the food . . . but . . .”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We like the food @ X-Tapa Joe's but during busy times, the service is not very good. They leave you sitting there far too long without coming to check on you to refill your drinks. They don't bring the bill until you flag them down telling them you're ready to get out of there. Also, my mom and I noticed they have plastic bags filled with chips near a broom and dust pan which we didn't think looked very sanitary. Another thing is, when I go with my husband, he likes to sit at the bar, but if you do choose to sit at the bar and order soda (I am pregnant and do not consume alcohol when we go out to eat) please be sure to ask them to supply you with a drink from the restaurant soda dispenser in the back rather than from the bar hose. The soda that comes from the bar is the WORST soda I've ever had anywhere. I learned that it's good in the back of the restaurant from a bar tender lady's suggestion. She told me she has a regular who tells her he only wants her to get his diet soda for his Jack & Diet Cokes from the restaurant rather than the bar insisting it tasted much better. My question is, if they know about this problem, why don't they fix it????

I seem to be criticizing a lot so why is it I keep coming back??? Well, my husband refuses to got back anymore so now anytime I go, I go with my mother. She loves the enchiladas and we have several prepurchased Restaurant.com vouchers as well as Entertainment Book coupons to use there. I suppose without those we likely wouldn't go back, but now that we've learned what works and what doesn't as far as getting better service and better soda, the good deal and good food makes it worth our while I figure. :-)

• Visited December 2012
Gearhart, Oregon
“Great happy hour, great service”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We are here often to visit here whenever we are around. The North Scottsdale Rotary meets here during happy hour. Great beverages, particularly good wine for a Mexican style restaurant. Food is good enough though not fabulous. We can make a meal for the meeting while I drink decent wine. The waitress is great. The one time she wasn't there the replacement eas good too. I think it is a good place to go. Prices are good too though we aren't price sensitive.

Minnesota
“Great food and drinks!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We found this Mexican restaurant while in Scottsdale. We enjoyed both the food and Cadillac margaritas. They have an extensive menu and the service was outstanding. Highly recommend.

• Visited September 2012