“Unique & Delicious”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln Ave
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local and we were so glad we went. The food was uniquely delicious with small plates for sharing. The flat bread with the added honeycomb was fabulous as was the scallop special. The decor was very interesting, different without being outlandish, warm and welcoming. You'd never know you were right on Scottsdale Road. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Aside from the server who was overly obtrusive, and glowed about every item on the menu, the food and ambience was amazing. What pleasure to eat at an Italian Restaurant and not be overwhelmed by red sauce and overcooked pasta.
We started with the Focaccia di Recco, which we shared with the other couple , out of sight. Then the Roasted Cauliflower Steak arrive, with Sicilian tapenade ,unusual ,but wonderful. The best dish came last, The Polpo con Rafano, seared octopus ,simply amazing.
This is a place we will return to often, satisfying food, without a huge caloric intake.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I eat out three times a week and I am a serious lover of not good, but great food, Devanti's is a great restaurant. The menu isn't easy, but the wait staff can explain it to you. On the appetizer menu, the chicken liver pâté topped with sour cherries is first rate, as are the ribs, the bruscheta, the cheeses. The cauliflower steak and the pizza of the day are better here than any other restaurant in the valley. Shortly after Devanti Escoteca opened I wrote a review stating, "This isi the second best restuarant in Scottsdale and I am looking for the best." I would say Monarch, Eddie V's, and Devanti's are the best. All of the entres at Devanti's are a tantalizing blend of flavors, that are unusual and superb.

You will never be sorry you ate here, the problem is everything is so good, it is hard to choose favorites, for me it is always what I ate lady. There homemade gelato, based on the freshest fruits is unequalled.

And the Sunday brunch is outstanding!
I

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Sat in the bar area and watched the chef stretch out the dough for our pizza. It was super thin (exactly the way we like it). We got the tomato, basil and mozz pizza. Cooked perfectly. The salad we started with was a wonderful mixture of fresh greens. The hostess sent us to the bar and said she would follow with menus, but turns out she was too busy going to fill her soda to remember. Had to flag down a waiter, but once we got him, we had great service as well. And this place is really inexpensive for the quality!!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I really was hoping I could love this restaurant, as it is fairly new and in a good location in town, but alas, it just is not very good. Have eaten here twice, but will not be going back. It is crazy noisy, they need to do something to dampen the noise. The menu is just plain weird, and the service is spotty. The waiters try to convince you that everything is amazing (it is NOT), but I would expect that as they are trying to do their job. The food is anything but traditional, and they keep saying they are "from Chicago" and that is why the menu and the food is what it is. That is really way off base, as I have eaten in Chicago hundreds of times and never experienced this. Rather than criticize further, I would just say don't waste your money. I will not return here, it is disappointing and not very good. The people we went with (both times) said the same thing, they will not return. And, for what you get, it IS expensive, 'cause you don't get much. Btw, when they first opened, they didn't take reservations because they said they were a Chicago restaurant and in Chicago, no one takes reservations (huh? really? not my experience there), but after being open a few months, they now magically do take reservations. Reason: people refused to go in the place based on their no reservations policy, and there were not repeat customers. I think this place will fold within the next year.