“Brick-oven pizza”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Brick-oven pizza”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Service was good, food was good, fair price but difficult to find!
Husband was craving brick-oven pizza & we found Grimaldi's through web search. Choose the N. Scottsdale location as it was closest. Drove around 2 shopping centers before discovered it was on the backside of one of the shopping centers.
Pizzas are thin-crust with your choice of sauces & toppings. They also offer salads, which seemed kinda pricey! We shared a Caprese salad, which was plenty for two.

• Visited January 2013

saskatoon
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Great place, great service, great food for a very reasonable price. Would highly recommend and would definitely go back.

Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“Good Thin Crust Pizza”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We were doing a walking tour of Old Town Scottsdale and were looking for a place for lunch. Saw Grimaldi's Pizza and thought we would give it a try. Grimaldi's started as a pizza joint in New York City under the shadow of the Brooklyn Bridge. It serves thin crust brick oven pizza. The restaurant is decorated in a New York style with pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge and other New York attractions. It was just after 12:30 pm on a Saturday but there was no wait to get in, I understand that it can get pretty busy at times and waits are not unusual. We started with a salad choosing the Greek Salad over about 5 different options. They have two sizes small (1-2 people) and large (3- 4 people). Against our better judgement we ordered the large for 3 people and ended up having almost half the salad left. If you just order salad or have large appetites the portions might be correct but if you are ordering a pizza or other meal you might want to opt for the smaller portion. The pizza is ordered selecting one of three styles (traditional, white and green pesto), toppings from a list of about 20 and a size. We ordered the large traditional with pepperoni, onions, olives, sweet red peppers and ham. The pizza was huge and they did not skimp on the toppings. Needless to say the three of us could not finish the salad or pizza in spite of how good it was. We got the leftovers boxed up and took them with us. The wait staff were friendly and efficient. The price was reasonable considering we had 3 non-alcoholic drinks, a large salad and a large pizza for about $50.00 with leftovers to boot. If you like thin crust pizza or like pizza and want to try something different, this is a good place to stop if you are in the area. I would definitely recommend Grimaldi's to anyone looking for a good pizza at a reasonable price.

Mesa, Arizona
“Christmas party”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I really liked it there. We had a great time for our office Christmas party in the private room. The staff was awesome and the food was delicious. And...I gotta say, the New York style Cheesecake...OMG...I'm not big on cheesecake, but this was WONDERFUL!

Marlton, New Jersey
“excellent thin crust pizza”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

If like me you prefer thin crust pizza this is the place to go in downtown Scottsdale. The only explanation I can give is that the coal fired baking does something magical to the crust. My companion who never eats the outer edge crust ate every bite. Interestingly, you order the size of your pizza first and then select from a large number of toppings (only you're personal tastes how many or few you want). They don't scrimp on the quantity (or quality) of these toppings either. The aromas coming from the open kitchen while we waited for our pizza only added to the anticipation. Service was very prompt and cheerfully given by mostly local college students. Our waitress, Michelle, was particularly outstanding. This place also apparently serves the biggest glasses of beer for the price of any I had during the week we were in town. I think there are other Grimaldi's pizzerias in the area which I assume are equally good. I would return to this place frequently if I lived in the area.

• Visited December 2012