“Pretty decent”

Wandering Horse Buffet
Ranked #136 of 1,284 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Enjoy our expansive international buffet offering indoor and outdoor seating featuring Italian, Asian, Mexican, Mediterranean and American cuisines. The Wandering Horse buffet features live cooking stations, a fresh salad bar, a carving station, delectable desserts and a brick oven pizza kitchen.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Not a huge selection of items, but the food on offer was tasty and fresh. They had a nice selection of desserts including sugar-free items.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We moved here 2 years ago not far from Talking Stick and discovering the Wandering Horse buffet, wow! It's food wonderful and fresh and so much variety.The value you can't really beat especially for a weekday lunch.

1  Thank Jean V
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have eaten at this establishment for at least 10 times in the past 2 years and enjoyed most of the meals such as Sunday brunch, All You can eat Lobster, dinner, Mother's Day Brunch and weekday lunch. I noticed that whenever I go there with a group of more than 6 people and get charged 18% gratuity, the server usually ignore us after bringing us the drinks. Last Saturday the server did not refill our drinks not even once and we didn't see her for like an hour and half. I would give this place a 5 star if the service is a little better because 18% gratuity is a lot for a buffet.

2  Thank vanilla11
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I spent the weekend at Talking Stick and visited the buffet on Friday and Saturday night. The wait for Friday night was very little, but was about 1/2 hour on Saturday night. The service (wait staff) is not very attentive. That is my only complaint. The food and variety is very good. The Kobe beef is great as is shrimp and seafood. On Friday night we noticed the crab legs and lobster were a bit on the dry side compared to Saturday night. Overall would go again.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Nice happy hour prices for drinks. The food didn't have any flavor and most of the selections that were supposed to be 'hot' were not more than lukewarm. The mushroom ravioli was the only highlight there for me.