“Authentic Italian Restaurant”
Review of Casa Mia

Casa Mia
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Mia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 1,257 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Via Linda
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Authentic Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this restaurant, but still like it very much because it is so quaint. It is tucked away from the bustle of the city, and it is family owned. I can also get dressed up to go here, but many people are just casual.
As another reviewer put it, they are not "warm" here. Very just to the point. But my husband says that's how the Italian's are. Previously when we use to go, the bartender was superb. He remembered our names and drink after just one visit, but he is no longer there. But the service is fine otherwise.
The food for me is OK. I guess I like comercial Italian food better. But the food appears to be authentic, and the menu definitely reflects authenticity since I can barely interpret it.
The atmosphere is fine. Low-lightening, some booths, along with tables. Bread is served with water initially. They serve generous portions of wine per the glass at the table.
Overall, I recommend it if you want to get away from the large, loud, restaurants, and still have some good food.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Linda A

“Best Italian Food!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

You can tell this is a family restaurant with a lot of passion for their food. Our waiter referred to everything as.. "my dad prepares this dish this way" or "my mom handmade all the desserts this morning so they are all good." The food was great! We both were scraping the last bit of sauce with our bread by the end. The actual restaurant is a little hard to find in the building complex, but it is worth it! We will be back soon!

• Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Mostly great food takes back seat to irritating attitudes”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Except for the poorly done fried Calamari (overcooked) the entrees were great. Especially loved the veal saltimbocca. Family owned (I guess) but nothing warm about this place or the people. Unless your a regular or trip the server you are pretty much ignored. Our waiter must have been the owner's Son with one irritating attitude of entitlement. Maybe some people think the pseudo wiseguy attirude is cute but this place is staffed by people who clearly could care less about your experience. A real shame since the chef is a genius.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank bbarr_11
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“An Italian Gem”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was introduced to Casa Mia by a friend who said that it was her favorite restaurant in the area. After dining there, I can understand why. The warm quaint ambiance is reminiscent of other family Italian restaurants I have enjoyed in other cities. Great food well prepared and properly served. Our charming young server was the owner's son. I expect to return to Casa Mia again and again as my travels take me to Scottsdale.

• Visited March 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
“All fresh made”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Nice quaint semi-modern Atmosphere very well done. Meals took a little longer than usual, but when it arrived you understood why. All meals and ingredients are home made and will basically make your way. Pastas and sauce are some of the best in the valley. A bit on the higher end of the pricing chart, but when you get your food you will understand.

• Visited February 2013