“I had so much higher hopes”
Review of Chizona Pizza

Chizona Pizza
Ranked #852 of 1,268 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Arlington, Texas
“I had so much higher hopes”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

OK,

Pizza delivered to my hotel. Check.
Opened up the box and the pie looked delicious. Check.
Pizza had ingredients as requested. Check.
Pizza cut in squares, like a true Chicago pie. Check
Pizza cut all the way through the dough. EPIC FAIL.

My oh my. When you pick up a slice (Chizona's cuts the pie is squares) you want to pick up a slice with all of the ingredients on top of the slice. Three of us (two who never had a Chicago style thin crust) and not one slice was cut all the way through. In a hotel room, with no cutlery we tried our best to keep the ingredients on top of each slice, but pulling apart slices, that are not cut, created an awful mess. We ended up with a bunch of hand pulled empty slices, and trying our best to put the ingredients on each slice. We gave up.

If you cant cut a pie, which is so Pizza 101, than you create a crappy experience for your customer.

3 stars for the fresh ingredients, great sauce, the owner adding some Giardiniera (very fresh and tasty). Minus 2 stars for the mess that was created by the pizza not being cut all the way through.

I had so much higher hope's.

Stay hungry my friends...

Visited July 2014

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Just like home”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I love Chizona's! Reminds me of growing up in the burbs of Chicago. Most people when they think about Chicago pizza think of deep dish, well that is not all they have! Delicious, cheesy, thin crust mastery. This place brings me back and brings a smile to my face. I have only had their pizza so can not say much about the rest of their food- but the pizza is great. Check this baby out!

• Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“horrible service, food was ok but my...”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

horrible service, food was ok but my order was messed up, delivery was horrible I live less than a mile and it took 2 hours to receive