“The best!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“The best!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Enter Voltaire and you step into a time of graciousness where you are treated as a welcome guest. Owner/host Martin oversees the excellent service without ever being intrusive. Chef David prepares the cuisine as if for his own family. Over the past 12 years I have dined there often, sampling a variety of the menu, all delectable. In addition to the nightly specials, Martin and David have, in these difficult financial times, offered their patrons special discounts and reduced prices, never skimping on the quality nor quantity of their dishes. If you live here or are visiting, I heartily recommend Voltaire as a special dining experience.

1 Thank Steve S

Arizona
“Voltaire restaurant a winner!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

In Scottsdale/Phoenix area you cannot find a better dining experience than Voltaire. The food preparation is outstanding and always dependable. You will find dishes here that you cannot find elsewhere, such as their fresh fish preparations. The Dover Sole is a favorite as is the Sandabs, seldom found elsewhere. The serene, pleasant atmosphere allows you to visit pleasantly with your companions...no blasting rock music destroys the evening. We eat their almost weekly and always look forward to the gracious reception and excellent food.
Lois and John Mueller

• Visited November 2012
Scottsdale
“Excellent French -style meals”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We enjoy the unique meals on the menu, as well as the mainstay type ones. It is much closer to our home than going to central phoenix.

• Visited May 2012
arizona
“A Dining Experience from the Past”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have enjoyed many fine dining experiences, reminiscent of days past when quiet conversation and superb service were the norm not the exception. Voltaire offers amazing menu selections from Vichyssoise to Roast Duckling and everything in between. The 3 course Prix Fixe Dinner is a great value and is served with expert attention to presentation. Martin and David are fine restaurateurs.

Tempe, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently returned to Voltaire for dinner with my wife, I'd been there twice before and had been impressed & I was hoping to not be disappointed. My wife & I used a Groupon coupon & thought that maybe we wouldn't be given the same service we'd received before but they treated us the with the same good service as I'd had on my prior visits. Our server, Krista, suggested the Goat Cheese Salad with Pear Vinaigrette dressing served with Beatsor Beets, so we shared one and it was AMAZING. I am definitely recommending trying this AMAZING starter. For our entree's my wife ordered the Dover Sole which they filet table side & she said was excellent...I had one of their specials, Monk Fish w/Nan Tucket Scallops covered in a Lemon Caper sauce that melted in my mouth & the flavor of the sauce was the perfect choice for the fish. We were treated very well by everyone and the food was incredible. I would definitely recommend Voltaire to anyone and you don't have to feel uncomfortable using a coupon. I have been treated the same with and without. This restaurant is one of the best kept secrets in fine dining in Scottsdale. It is becoming one of my very favorite places to eat. Anyone would be very happy with their experience at Voltaire.