“Its not a surprise that its listed so highly”

Persian Room Fine Wine & Kebab
Reserve with OpenTable
Persian Room Fine Wine & Kebab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frank Lloyd wright and Scottsdale Rd
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Its not a surprise that its listed so highly”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Drove from Phoenix to Scotsdale just to eat at this restaurant. It was well worth it. My first time trying persian food. It was pretty close to other middle eastern food but with a slight variation. I ordered the lamb chops and they were delicious. The price is very reasonable and the ambience was excellent. I wish they wouldnt serve so much rice as most of us wasted all that rice. Dont take me wrong, the rice was basmati and darn good, but the quantity was too much. The eggplant appetizer was also very delicious, but be careful the quantity was huge for an appetizer.

• Visited April 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Would You Take Your Guests There?”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Short answer -- Yes! When friends or family come to visit, they frequently want to go for some good "Mexican." I'm always game for that, but I have begun to also mention something that might be different. My guests have not been disappointed. The Persian Room is a spacious, quite, comfortable restaurant where we have always enjoyed good food and excellent service.

I am no authority on Middle East cuisine, but this is a pleasant change of pace. Served on large plates with a generous helping of basmati rice and a wide selection of entrees the value is excellent for a more formal environment. A serving or two of the Hummus appetizers to go with the fine pita bread is a nice compliment. My most recent visit was with extended family members (8 total; 4 generations). Everyone from 10 to mid-80s enjoyed the time. Conveniently located and easy parking. Luncheon menu.

• Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent ethnic venue”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Persian Room in Scottsdale is defintely Middle Eastern. with many strengths appropriate to such a venue. My wife and I visited it for her birthday. She is vegetarian, and usually has a decent selection to draw from. The Persian Room was no exception. It is a fairly large place, with a second floor and a small terrace area. The decor is subdued, professionally done and quite attractive. There are no tablecloths, but the dark wood tables are pleasant. The chairs have upholstered sets and backs with a decorative middle eastern pattern The chair arms are wood, and the chairs are on rollers which helps in getting in and out. I had brought a small flashlight since we have had difficulty reading the menus in some restaurants recently. We were seated near a window and there was still enough daylight to read the menu, but in most of the restaurant, I would have needed the flashlight.
Our waiter was a middle aged man whose manner and air of authority led us to believe that he might have been the proprietor. He was relaxed, cheerful and highly professional.
The menu seems extensive, but as is common in such restaurants, including Chinese restaurants, is consists of many variations on simple themes; chicken, beef, fish and lamb. A small house appetizer consisting of fresh basil leaves and a half an onion started things, along with a very substantial basket of warm pita bread. My wife ordered a vegetarian dish which she liked very much. She had a glass of house Cabernet Sauvignon which she also approved of. I had the lamb kebab, which came with the traditional rice, grilled onios and tomatoes. The lamb tasted delicious, but some pieces were a bit on the chewy side. Everything else was fine.
As usual, my wife had enough left for a doggie bag, to which we added a number of slices of the pita bread. I had one of the most substantial baklavas thst I have ever had for dessert. We have come to believe that baklava in a middle eatern restaurant is like tiramisu in an Italian restaurant. You get it the way mama fixed it at home. No two are ever the same. This one was very good in addition to being very large.
Ovarall this is a highly recommended restaurant. If I could gove it 4+ stars, I would. The ambience, excellent service, reasonable prices and generally very high level of perfomance. marred only by the less than perfectly tender lamb, made this a delightful experience, and a great birthday dinner,

• Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Fine Persian and Turkish Cuisine”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Whenever in Scottsdale, we stop by this fine Persian restaurant to treat ourselves with some of the most delicious Persian kababs and and gourmet dishes like Khoresht Gheimeh Bademjoon, Ghormeh Sabzi and Baghali Polo ba Goosht.We also order some extra side dishes like Kashke Bademjoon to go!

• Visited February 2013
6 Thank B L
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Always eat here when we go to Scottsdale”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We really like this restaurant a lot. The portions are huge so my husband and I actually share one meal and sometimes even take home left overs lol

Visited April 2012