“Best Guacamole in Town”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The atmosphere was great! I sat out on the patio with my sweetie. The Martguerita was great and the Guacamole even better. The food took a little long to come, but it was worth the wait.
I had the Chicken with Chipolte Spinach Sauce..and my sweetie had the Hibiscus Enchiladas.
The server ws very personable! We'll be back!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The atmosphere and food here were great. They have a very nice patio where you can sit outside and enjoy the lovely Scottsdale weather without getting too much sun. The food was delicious - my mom had the potato tacos (yes, potato) and they were delicious - not a bad small meal for under $10. My husband and I had pricier entrees - @$20 - and they were equally good. Carnitas are my favorite, so I tried them here. They weren't quite as crispy as I usually like, but seemed like a healthier and just as tasty version. They were served with fresh veggies and black beans (you pick your sides), the veggies were fresh and perfectly cooked. We tried both the sangria and margarita's - the red sangria was delicious, the margarita was a bit sweet - perhaps going with one of the top line margarita's would have been a better choice.

The waiter was great - attentive but not hovering. All in all a very enjoyable experience and we will return.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were excited about the prospect of an upscale Mexican restaurant in our area so gave it a try. Friday night at 6 pm and only one other table filled. Yet we waited for service and then a full 20 minutes for 2 sangrias.
I ordered the chili rellenos, which were served in a soup bowl covered in what can only have been water. So imagine 2 large chilis filled with cheese, dipped in a thick batter, deep fried, then covered in watery broth. I asked the server if it was supposed to be like that and she said yes. Period. No inquiry if it was alright, or if I wanted something else. It was one bite and done for me. My husband's meal was equally awful and, in fact, he questioned if the meat was bad because all you could taste was vinegar.
Neither of us ate more than a bite. They took our plates, brought the check, and never even commented on the fact that we ate nothing.
I give this place about a minute.

3  Thank Cperf
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I went last night at 4:30pm for an early dinner since we had an appointment at 6pm in Cave Creek. We never thought that the service we be so slow we wouldn't get out of there until 6pm so we weren't able to make our appointment. Even though it was the day before Cinco de Mayo the place was almost empty so I couldn't say why the service was so slow. Despite how long it took the food was amazing. The chicken mole enchiladas was delicious and make sure you save room for desert. They make all the deserts there even the ice cream. The chocolate cake was delicious with a side of their ice cream that the waiter described as a brown sugar molasses flavor; very good. Great Margaritas too! The menu is not your standard Mexican restaurant fare and the prices are a little higher than the usual too. We will return but only when we have ample time to spare.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My wife and I went to Los Sombreros on Northsight in North Scottsdale for happy hour and we were the only two customers in the restaurant. Note----the restaurant must seat over 200 people including the patio--good news, we got our choice of tables.

Our server was talking to other employees and pretty much ignored us so we had to wait and wait for service. When she did come to our table, she was full of personality so that was good.

We ordered appetizers and martinis. Our server got behind the bar and made the martinis (up with olives) and they were the worst we have ever had. She dropped two olives in each martini glass so in order to get them out, we had to ask for spoons to fish them out. That was a first--we likened this to bobbing for apples.

The food is not our style--it has a oily/vinegar taste and we only ate half our appetizers--trying to like them but NO BUENO.

Lastly, the water is not good--it is kind of stinky. If they use the water to prepare the soups and other dishes, including ice from the stinky water to make cocktails, then we can certainly understand the lack of customers.

Also, the prices are a little expensive so there you go, or not.