“Excellent Mexican food with a unique and varied menu”
Review of Los Sombreros - CLOSED

Los Sombreros
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We wanted a more upscale Mexican restaurant and were pleased with our decision to visit Los Sombreros in Scottsdale. After an initial delay in being approached for a drink order on a crowded Saturday night, the service was very attentive for the rest of the evening. The margaritas were tasty and strong, the salsa just O.K. The tortilla soup was good and the corn chowder spicy and delicious. The 12-year old girls stuck with the basic tacos and enchiladas, but it was obvious these were high quality. The goat cheese and tomato quesadillas were quite good, but the highlight of the meal was my lamb shank in adobo sauce. It was fall-off-the-bone tender and the adobo sauce was phenomenal; I finished it with a spoon. The prices were not cheap but not unreasonable for the quality of the food (although they shouldn't charge $3.50 for chips and salsa). Overall, I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My partner and I had dinner there Sunday night. Ordered guacamole and chips (highly recommended), tamales and lamb shank which was super tender and tasty. The place is very small (maybe 10 tables inside) with a nice patio in the back. The atmosphere is very casual and the staff very friendly. This is a family business and that shows in the warmth of the service. We also tried a very well done Sangria. The price was very reasonable and we were very satisfied with the choice.

1  Thank fernandete66
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Their food looks wonderful. Tastes fantastic. Huge tequila selection if you like that. Cool old house. We always eat on the patio. Happening joint. The food is simply outstanding. The servers usually have a bit of personality too!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I don't like to leave negative reviews....perhaps we ordered all the wrong stuff...margaritas were terrible, salsas were without flavor.....chicken mole was not tender and if I had made the mole I would never have used that recipe again. The dish was $18! Pricey for a hole in the wall kind of place. There are so many great restaurants in Scottsdale, we were sorry we ate there,
Had a corn soffle , that was OK, but again nothing I would order again.
Service was fine.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Best Mexican restaurant we have eaten in in years. My wife and I had the seafood crepes. They were truly outstanding. The server was friendly and attentive. We ate outside on a Saturday. We did not have a reservation, but we were seated right away. A very pleasant atmosphere.