“Get the Butter Cake!”

Sun, 5/26
8:00 PM
Ranked #58 of 1,443 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main St
Description: Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.
Reviewed April 5, 2019

My husband wanted to go here for his birthday. This is the first time at this location. We made a reservation at 6pm and were seated right on time. It was a Saturday night and very busy. The staff was very friendly and professional. We really liked out server whom took great care of us. The food was delicious. We started with the battered shrimp. The shrimps were huge! And the sauce that it came with was amazing. I got the crab legs which were so fresh and tasty, didn't even need butter. My husband got the blackened halibut and said it was great! For dessert we had their famous butter cake and it might have been the best dessert I have had in a very long time. I may have to make the trip up just to get a slice. I would definitely recommend coming here for any occasion and getting some really fresh and tasty food!

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Had a great night with friends and enjoyed everything about the meal. Great options for non-fish people. Steak was amazing and the seafood tower was great, but expensive!

I would suggest the filet, the corn and the butter cake. All some of the best I have had anywhere!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

A lot of pretentious older men in the bar area pretending to be something that they aren’t. Typical Scottsdale restaurant with many “millionaires” living on a $40K salary. Scottsdale is not what it used to be 25 years ago. Sad.

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

The only reason why I’m giving it a 4 is because of where we were sat. We didn’t have a reservation so we were seated at one of the bar tables, near the kitchen.

Other than that - the food was really delicious. We popped in after doing a little bit of shopping. I felt completely underdressed. The women were dressed beautifully, equally so were the men.

We started with the caviar (Siberian) which we thoroughly enjoyed. I had the scallops my husband had the salmon which they boxed up for us (we weren’t super hungry going into Mastro’s.)
They were concerned they’d done something which they hadn’t we didn’t want to tuck into a main course and then have them box it up.
It was a wonderful late night dinner for me! My husband enjoyed his salmon.

Mastro’s has a great ambience and vibe, the live singing was really pleasurable to listen to! Great job!

We are looking forward to eating here again - next time I will have my heels on.

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

This was to be the highlight dinner of our trip. Elegant, dark, steakhouse. Friendly, informative staff. Slow service. Kitchen on major miscue all night. Lobster bisque arrived warm, but was delicious. However, one soup spoon had old spinach caked on... oooops! After first few tastes of soup, mains arrived,!.... they were taken back and retimed. Porterhouse steak was delicious. Branzino was very good. Lobster mash was very rich, and contained chunks of lobster. Sweet sugar snap peas. Tried the signature butter cake. I love sweets, it was tasty but far too rich. Is there supposed to be crunchy parts in the cake?.. or was it miscooked? Great ice cream.
An off night for certain.... would try again