“Fun experience”

Chompie's
Ranked #127 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chompie's, Arizona's NY Deli Since 1979, is best known for its award-winning N.Y. style boiled-then-baked bagels, famous "Mile High" corned beef and pastrami sandwiches, Jewish Sliders (featured on Travel Channel's Man v. Food Season 3), matzo ball soup, fresh baked breads, N.Y. style black and white cookies, N.Y. style cheesecake, catering, and its huge breakfast all day, lunch and dinner menu, featuring sandwiches, salads, burgers, chicken sandwiches, smoked fish and lox, sliders, traditional Jewish cuisine favorites, Friday fish fry, potato pancakes (latkes), soups, eggs, omelets, pancakes, waffles, French toast, eggs benedicts, healthy Fitness Boot Camp selections, gluten free friendly choices, and kids menu options. Chompie's deli counter features meats and cheeses, smoked fish, cream cheeses, deli salads, knish, and more. The bakery counter offers Chompie's fresh baked-from-scratch breads, bagels, bialys, cakes, cookies, danishes, gluten free friendly bakery goods, rugelach, cupcakes, cheesecake, and more. Take out is also available.
Affton, Missouri
“Fun experience”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ate there with my husband and 2 school-age kids and we all had a great meal. The fried matzo balls were fun and the knish was really good but our sandwiches were awesome! My white fish sandwich was amazing and my husband had something big and stacked (can't remember what it was but he loved it). Good food, huge portions, and fun atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Catherine h

Northants
“A Great Deli Restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We first came here not knowing what we would find as in the UK we do not have any deli restaurants like this. The food was very good and great value for money with generous portions. The menu is extensive and I would think there is something for everyone from breakfast to dinner as well as snacks . The margaritas are not the best I have tasted but for the price are OK. We come here regularly now when we are in Phoenix and have always found the staff to be excellent. If you like something that is a change from the usual eateries then a visit here will not disappoint.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jamNorthants
“Amazing Reubens”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My dad and I went to Chompie's last week and had a great experience. It's a casual place in a strip mall, but has great food. I ordered a half reuben sandwich with matzo ball soup. The half sandwich was HUGE and I could have shared it and still left full. I had never had matzo ball soup and that was great, too. If I had still been hungry, I would have been happy to buy some treats from the bakery. This is a place that is worth trying!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Critzyj
Tombstone, Arizona, United States
“Really Good Sandwiches!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Really Good Sandwiches!

Not cheap on prices, but also jam packed sandwiches full of meat!

My first time there was the best, but I never remember which sandwich it was to get it right when I go back....

Good spot!

1 Thank TLWasHere
“What you would expect in a NY type Deli”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great pastrami and corned beef. Really liked the Reuben sandwich. My wife ordered the Monte Christo sandwich and it was also huge. The bagels are terrific. I have had the corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast, which was also good. You can't pass up the bakery with all the fresh cakes, cookies and pastries. We always have to get some to go. The staff is friendly, and the service is generally fairly fast. There were two annoying things on this visit. First one of the servers decided to refill the mustard bottles and other condiments at a table right beside ours. This should have been done somewhere other than the dining area. Banging half filled bottles together to combine into one is not what the customers need to listen too or see. The second was as my wife was watching the TV screen she also watched a roach crawling around on the wall beside it. Makes you wonder about the sanitation at the restaurant.

Visited May 2013