“Excellent meal but stay away from the bakery.”
Review of Chompie's

Chompie's
Ranked #116 of 1,293 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chompie's, Arizona's NY Deli Since 1979, is best known for its award-winning N.Y. style boiled-then-baked bagels, famous "Mile High" corned beef and pastrami sandwiches, Jewish Sliders (featured on Travel Channel's Man v. Food Season 3), matzo ball soup, fresh baked breads, N.Y. style black and white cookies, N.Y. style cheesecake, catering, and its huge breakfast all day, lunch and dinner menu, featuring sandwiches, salads, burgers, chicken sandwiches, smoked fish and lox, sliders, traditional Jewish cuisine favorites, Friday fish fry, potato pancakes (latkes), soups, eggs, omelets, pancakes, waffles, French toast, eggs benedicts, healthy Fitness Boot Camp selections, gluten free friendly choices, and kids menu options. Chompie's deli counter features meats and cheeses, smoked fish, cream cheeses, deli salads, knish, and more. The bakery counter offers Chompie's fresh baked-from-scratch breads, bagels, bialys, cakes, cookies, danishes, gluten free friendly bakery goods, rugelach, cupcakes, cheesecake, and more. Take out is also available.
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The place always is packed and this time we were in the middle of a waitstaff dead zone. We finally made ourselves noticed and got our meals. The sandwiches were delicious and I had the best Matzo ball soup ever! Our temptations gave into the beautiful cakes. We bought 5 different slices for a birthday party. They were stale and dry. We even threw the 5 layer cake away. Very disappointing and expensive.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Chompies has good food all around but what makes this special is that I cannot have gluten or dairy. I had many different choices on the menu and they were willing to change items as I needed. This is very unusual for a chain restaurant. I would eat here again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

A busy place with brisk turnover and a pleasant waiting area to get your salivary glands churning - right in front of the bakery...... Once seated, our waiter, when asked if a certain dish was good, agreed , yes, the best..... My egg, bacon, cheese between two potato pancakes was dry, bland and certainly nothing to recommend. My wife's grilled pastrami sandwich with coleslaw and 110 island dressing was excellent - and made me glad we'd agreed to share dishes.... I usually don't like pastrami, but this stuff was top notch - and worth recommending!

The meat portions on other's plates seemed fine but not the usual Chicago 'Manny's Deli' sized portion (over 1/2 pound of meat and a crispy potato pancake) Chompie's latkes burnt tasting on the outside and rare inside..... and their pickles and rye bread were only pretty good.

Perhaps a more helpful server would've enhanced our experience - a lousy suggestion, never brought the second plate for sharing as he 'promised' us (in front of the manager who brought us our long overdue entrees....), never returned while we were eating to see hwo the fod was, and made us wait for someone else to finally pick up the check with my credit card for payment....

If you want great deli, go to Chicago!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We used Chompies to cater a family breakfast. We were coming in from out of town so had to set it up over the phone and hope for the best. The staff person Julie? was very helpful and answered my million and one questions patiently. Everything was as promised and right on time. Breakfast Burritos were excellent and good sized. Bagels with lox cream cheese delicious, and generous fruit bowl tasted fresh and top quality. We were more than pleased. If catering quality is any indication of how they operate they are on my top 10 list and I will be at one of their restaurants next visit!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I just spent 5 days in Scottsdale and Tucson with some old friends. One of the ladies lives part time in Fountain Hills and said we had to eat at Chompies. Glad she did because we all enjoyed the food. Since it was St. Patrick's Day, most of the ladies had the 1/2 Corned Beef Sandwich (a full sandwich was too big). I had the potatoe pancakes with salmon and capers. We all enjoyed the food and couldn't find room for dessert - they have a large bakery with delicious looking cakes, etc. They even serve mini-desserts for $2.50.

By time we left around 5:30 pm tthe restaurant was full with mostly familys enjoying the food.

1  Thank Palosgirl_10