“Awesome Food, Friendly Staff”

Village Tavern Scottsdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern Scottsdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Cross street: Doubletree Ranch
Description: Upscale Casual restaurant featuring fresh seafood and hand cut steaks. Award winning wine list and a true "tavern" feel.
Orange, California
“Awesome Food, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went there during the sleepy Scottsdale summer, so we were able to get right in. The food we had was excellent- blackened salmon sandwhich w/ homemade chips, kids food was great, margarita pizza was amazing- the crust could be the best I've ever had. Do yourself a favor and order the crab cake appetizer.... SO GOOD! The calamari was also excellent, but the thai chili sauce is what elevates the rather ordinary app to something memorable. Just get a side of the sauce if you don't want to order of calamari!! Key Lime Pie was great (better than I've ever made it) and the nutella & chunky monkey stuffed crepes were delicious, not my favorite but devoured non- the- less. The best dish was the Shrimp & Grits. Being from California, I don't see this on menus very often, and I like to order new things. So glad I did. It was unbelievable. Shrimp, bacon, guyere, grits.... AMAZING!! Bottom line- obviously we enjoyed the food... but the service and the staff were all very nice, informative & freindly.

• Visited July 2013

Palm Desert, California
“MMMMMMMmmmmmmm”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went for lunch with the enchoragement of the Gainey Suites where we were staying.
MMMMmmmm. Incredible burgers. Excellent service. We also had the AHI ap. Was very good. Would recomment this stop.

• Visited July 2013
Arizona
“Very nice, upscale”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped in for a small bite to eat and a beverage. I had the Sangria and I have to say it might be the best I've ever had (and I try it wherever it is served). It is a bit on the sweet side but not too sugary/sweet. $7.00 a glass. They had some small plates, we started with bruschetta $6.95 (good), then BBQ ribs $8.95, husband had pulled pork tacos $6.95. It was all very good. What we really liked is the staff. Everyone who walked by picked up a dirty dish or filled a water glass. This is my time to give a shout out to Amy. She made an already pleasant experience better.

Arizona
“LOUD! And disappointing service”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Maybe we made the mistake of coming on Father's Day...the place was packed and the noise level so loud in this large dining room, we could hardly hear each other. Our server was pleasant but made several errors with drink orders, food items and service was just overall really slow. The steaks we ordered (prime rib and filet) were good but had to ask (and wait) for horseradish sauce. Baked potatoes came plain (REALLY?) and had to ask (and wait!) for butter and sour cream. My husband ordered the grouper-decent but came on a HUGE bed of angel hair pasta with no flavor.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Husbands Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent Prime Rib, probably the best we have had in Scottsdale.
A must place to go if you are looking for Service, well prepared food, with amazing value!