“Definitely worth a return visit”

Village Tavern Scottsdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern Scottsdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Cross street: Doubletree Ranch
Description: Upscale Casual restaurant featuring fresh seafood and hand cut steaks. Award winning wine list and a true "tavern" feel.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Outstanding!!! Great service, menu, food and location. Go for the prime rib or crab cakes (go figure). The tilapia was excellent, but skip the pizzas. I wanted to go back the next night but I'm married you know...

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Wow, what a nice surprise. The family was looking for someplace new to have dinner and decided to check out the Village Tavern...not disappointed. The atmosphere is warm and the dark wood of the dining room gives it a deliciously rich "flavor". The Grandsons each had a pizza and were more than happy with their choice. Mom and Dad shared a cheese burger, salad and some fries and they, too, were more than pleased. I'm on a high-protein, low-carb regimen and the kitchen was more than happy to accommodate. I had the peppercorn/mustard marinated burger (with condiments on the side and no bun). I requested no croutons on my salad and dressing on the side with no problem. The burger was absolute heaven with great flavor and I'm goin' back for more! The entire establishment was busy for a Thursday night, but I get the feeling that it's busy ALL the time. That's a good thing! The bar area was crowded and noisy so we were there just a short time, ordering drinks before we were seated in the dining room. My only negative comment about VT was the initial greeting by both the male and female host/hostesses were less than inviting...sort of "sit wherever you want" type of attitude. That "option" is usually presented in a much more gracious manner. One of the hostesses had some sort of purple "rag" on her hair that was totally inappropriate for any hostess in any establishment other than a "greasy spoon", which VT is not. Putting that aside, we are looking forward to going back again....based on our burgers, a steak sounds good next time!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Close to our hotel. Will return. Not expensive. We were not rushed to leave. Good wine list for both by the glass and bottle.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Did take out since hotel right around corner. Good chicken Cesar salad. Has thick dressing. Chicken done perfect!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful burgers and great staff! Very friendly and the meal was very filling! They were busy when I was there but did not neglect me in any way. They made sure that everything I needed was taken care of.