“in love!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hayden & Royal Palm
Description: The Melting Pot Restaurant is where fun is cooked up fondue style. Romantic for Couples and Great in a Group. Our Scottsdale restaurant is easily accessible from the 101. About one mile West on Via De Ventura in the Commons at Hayden Plaza. The modern yet warm casually elegant atmosphere sets the mood for a relaxing evening. The leisurely paced four-course experience begins with a cheese fondue prepared table side. A fresh salad follows while your entrée pot heats up. You’ll simmer a variety of tantalizing meats, seafood and vegetables. Each morsel is hot, fresh and delicious and all entrées are accompanied by an array of dipping sauces to add to the flavorful fun. Chocolate fondue is the finale, all served with decadent dippers. Most make reservations for the four-course dining experience but more than a few have stopped by to satisfy that cheese fondue or chocolate craving. Hand crafted cocktails and great wine list.
Phoenix, Arizona
“in love!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

my boyfriend and i went here for our anniversary and i freaken love this place!!

my friend who has been here before recommended the private booth but i made a last minute reservation AND i had a livingsocial voucher so i was too chicken to put in any sort of request because i know what people think of people who use vouchers…

we originally made our reservation at flemings, but changed it to the melting pot last minute when i saw that my voucher was about to expire. also, after reading all the horrible reviews on their customer service and food quality i was more than hesitant about coming here especially for our anniversary. at one point i almost changed our reservation back to flemings and was going to just let my voucher expire. well, I'M SO GLAD I DIDN'T!!

two hours before our reservation the livingsocial website was down so i wasn't able to pull up my voucher. i also deleted the email so i didn't have it in my email either. i was totally panicking! i called the melting pot to explain my situation and to my surprise the gentleman who i spoke to was a total sweetheart and told me just to come in and he'll write my name down n they will redeem the voucher for me when the site is working again. i asked him to make sure that was okay before my bf and i drive all the way up there and he said don't worry you'll be okay i'm the manager. nice!! (imagine if i made this whole thing up and i really didn't have a voucher. the fact that they took this risk is phenomenal service)

when my boyfriend and i got there he mentioned to me that he remembered i called in and told us not to worry and to enjoy our dinner. wow, a manager that actually remember things. brownie points for the melting pot!!

here's the best part…they sat us in a private booth!!!! i guess they knew it was our anniversary so they wanted to make it extra special for us. double brownie points for the melting pot!! i was really starting to like this place now

when our waitress came to our table for the first time she was very emotional and somewhat rude and it looked like she was crying. the second time she came around she changed into a totally different person and was very friendly and sweet.

i LOVED the food! the cheese fondue was so delicious along with the salad and the protein and veggie platters. Quality was excellent! I actually liked the fact that we get to cook the food ourselves. all you do is dip the meat and veggie into the boiling broth until it's cooked. you don't really need a timer. it's really not that hard. i feel like a lot of people are over exaggerating and making this a bigger deal than it really is. maybe because people expect their food cooked and prepared for them when they go to a restaurant? well the melting pot offers a different concept and it's not for everyone. again, quality was amazing. they also gave us this spice and i forgot the name of it. it's called like something and wine. that spice is very good!

we were so stuffed so we had to skip dessert. i am very disappointed because i keep hearing dessert is the best part!

a lot of the reviews mention that the food is overpriced. i know i came with a voucher, but i wouldn't mind paying regular price because the food is good. Also, i'm sure the price includes the atmosphere, the experience, and the food. you can think of a chanel bag the same way. some bags are worth as much as your car or more, but yet people still buy them...

anyhow, we are definitely coming back here!!!

• Visited November 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice for a quiet evening”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The room is dark, almost too dark to read the menu, but it is quiet and the booths are very private. Our only issue is that it is difficult to tell when food is fully cooked. Be prepared for a slow cooking and a extended dinner. If smaller kids are in the party it will be easy for them to become impatient.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Terry K
Sun City West, Arizona
“bad would be generous”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I completely agree with the other less than stellar reviews. for one, it was our anniversary. we made reservations a good week and a half out. the place was fairly busy but not THAT busy. we had to wait for nearly half an hour to get the absolute worst table in the house. as far back in the bowels as possible....stuck in a corner where no one can see you....including the server. half way into our ordeal, the waitress asks..."oh, by the way, is this a special occasion of any kind tonight?" I almost wanted to tell her "yes we're celebrating never coming back here again." obvious gross lack of communication due to the fact that I told them...over the phone...when I made our reservation that it was our anniversary.

portions: tiny service: weak quality: boiled food that you have to 'cook' (and don't forget you have to time everything yourself) on your own. at the end of our time there....the waitress brought us two complimentary glasses of probably the worst and flattest champagne I've ever had. just a complete fail on all levels.

worst meal/experience we've had in quite a long time.....not to mention horrendously over priced.

if the folks at melting pot respond to this, the only thing i'd say to you is you can refund my money ....which your should....but you can't refund our time.

• Visited October 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“We love melting pot!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I have gone to melting pot on our anniversary as a tradition. This year we went to Scottsdale for a vacation. We were so excited to find that there was a melting pot close to our hotel. No matter what melting pot you go to you will know that the service will be awesome as well as the food and experience. Melting pot is a dinning experience and takes longer than your typical resteraunt so make sure to plan for that.

• Visited September 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Fondue Experience and Ambiance!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at the Scottsdale Melting Pot Restaurant. We took advantage of a special promotion for an "endless" fondue three course meal with wine. We started with a cheese fondue (which you get to select your cheese choices), followed by a nice selection of salads and finally the beef, chicken and shrimp fondue with many very tasty sauces to choose from.

I would highly recommend this for a very relaxing and fun dining experience with friends. Do plan to spend at least a few hours.

• Visited September 2013