“Fabulous Happy Hour”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hayden & Royal Palm
Description: The Melting Pot Restaurant is where fun is cooked up fondue style. Romantic for Couples and Great in a Group. Our Scottsdale restaurant is easily accessible from the 101. About one mile West on Via De Ventura in the Commons at Hayden Plaza. The modern yet warm casually elegant atmosphere sets the mood for a relaxing evening. The leisurely paced four-course experience begins with a cheese fondue prepared table side. A fresh salad follows while your entrée pot heats up. You’ll simmer a variety of tantalizing meats, seafood and vegetables. Each morsel is hot, fresh and delicious and all entrées are accompanied by an array of dipping sauces to add to the flavorful fun. Chocolate fondue is the finale, all served with decadent dippers. Most make reservations for the four-course dining experience but more than a few have stopped by to satisfy that cheese fondue or chocolate craving. Hand crafted cocktails and great wine list.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just returned from a very enjoyable time at The Melting Pot. We have dined at this location and others before, but always prefer Scottsdale. On this occasion we thought we would try the Happy Hour menu in the bar. We had a cheese fondue followed by a chocolate - exactly the same as on the main menu, and both were excellent. Our server/bartender, Izzy, made the whole experience great, being very concerned to get both cocktails and food just to our taste.
A friendly atmosphere, and delicious food and drinks made for a great experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went here for dinner with my boyfriend because I had purchased a Deal Chicken Deal. I really enjoyed the experience of eating fondue. We made a reservation, so we planned ahead to be here for a while (approx 2 hours). Our waitress was very knowledgeable, and was more than helpful to us fondue newbies. The cheese course was excellent. They provided more bread when we ran out. The main course was quite good. The show stopper though was the dessert. I only wish I had saved more room. I didn't realize how much food it would be (for me at least).

I might go back, but probably just for the cheese or dessert fondue. I had a good experience, but I felt the price was just a little to high for what we got.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have always wanted to dine at The Melting Pot. The idea of cheese fondue and dipping bite size portions of food just sounded so good -- and fun! The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, although a bit dark. Our waitress could have been more friendly as she was a bit short with everything she did and said, but you can run into that anywhere. But at this price, I expect a better wait staff! The cheese fondue was good, as expected so that's not the issue. The entree is the issue! You basically cook your own bite size raw meat in a boiling broth. Boiled meat for dinner, yum! ( sarcasm). Plus, who knows how long to boil? Waitress knew it was our first time there and gave very little explanation. Chicken was too done, shrimp . . . Probably not enough. Not good at all! And, it was supposed to be all you can eat, but we asked for more shrimp and beef and it took over 10 minutes to get the 2 pieces each, plus cook time. Very frustrating to us. Cook your own? Boiled meat? Not for us!! Desert was good, chocolate fondue. But very skimpy on the items to dip. Really, one 1/2 inch piece of cheesecake for 2 people to share? Now, I read reviews and people love Melting Pot or hate it. Check the "hate it" box for us! And, what is with the row of booths with the curtains drawn? Very odd!

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

This is probably my most favorite experience to date. We ordered the Big Day Out -Feast version. The cheese was incredible, salad was fresh with an amazing dressing. The main course was filled with differently seasoned meats and seafood to fondue and the Original dessert was immaculate. Our server Taryn was top notch and very knowledgeable. A must go to restaurant. Our experience lasted 3 hour, so sit back and enjoy. :)

Reviewed August 3, 2012

From the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out, everything was great! We were in here celebrating our 7th Wedding Anniversary and couldn't have had a better time somewhere else. Since we were out of town, we brought our two children with us, 2.5 and almost 5. We thought they were going to be a handful since we were told it takes about two hours. They did great! I was also worried about the burner in the middle of the table but that didn't seem to be an issue. The food was amazing. I was surprise that quantity of meat received with the endless entree. There was 4 tiny cubes of each meat. Then when we asked for more, we received two more cubes. The portions aren't huge apparently. The house salad literally had a few pieces of lettuce, a lot of money for little food. That was an upset. We don't expect a lot but a decent portion is always nice when spending a lot of money. Not sure if we would return to The Melting Pot or not but I would recommend for those who haven't been for the experience (warning of the small portion with a hefty price tag).