“Good Chinese”

Neighborhood: North Scottsdale
London, United Kingdom
“Good Chinese”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good Chinese food with good service
The decor and ambiance are good and the price reasonable. Would not hesitate to go back when next in Scottsdale
David T

Visited February 2014

Jonesboro, Arkansas
“The din!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Service and food quite good. Price normal for the dish and quantity (teriyaki salmon & beef and wide noodles). Wife and I are authorities on Chinese cuisine (ran restaurant 25 years). The food was nicely prepared, including correct hotness added to noodle dish. Wife said the food a bit salty, but I thought it was fine. Lots of fish in the salmon plate. The beef had been softened with some sort of tenderizer. Not too fatty, just as one expects for flank steak usually served in Chinese restaurants. No knife offered, since everything was soft and bite sized.
Decor attractive modern. Big bar area (we did not utilize).
One big problem--really big problem. The din! Everything in the facility echos noise, making this the noisiest restaurant I have ever eaten in (out of literally hundreds all across the USA). I could not hear my digital voice recorder even pushed right against my ear. My wife could not hear her audio tape even with two earplugs.
In short, complete failure of room design (absolutely no sound adsorbing materials--no drapes, no acoustical tiles, no etc.) and complete failure to remediate the noise problem.
Other than that, very nice restaurant in a very nice neighborhood.

• Visited February 2014
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Quick service - nice variety”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Flo's is always good. A salad or soup to start followed by any number of Chinese dishes. They are served hot and with a smile. Attentive but not bothersome wait staff - and when the bill comes you will be plesantly surprised!

• Visited January 2014
Waterville, Vermont
“Great Food and Value!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I visited Flo's today (Thursday) around 1 PM with my boyfriend and his grandpa. For a weekday afternoon it was almost full, and I can see why. The lunch portions are more than fair and a great value. I think each of our meals were about $10 and came with salad and choice of white or brown rice. I had the Kung Pao chicken and it was delicious, although for me personally I would've liked a bit more heat. The servers were helpful and really quick to get anything we needed. We will definitely be back to Flo's soon!

Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Best Chinese Restaurant in the Greater Phoenix Area”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have been dining at this restaurant for three years. No sure why it's taken me this long to write a review, but I tell ya, what a gem of a place it is. The staff, the owner (Flo), the ambiance are all a WOW! In fact, they had recently renovated, and the place is a total ten while the prices are fairly inexpensive for the lavish location of the beautiful North Scottsdale. Definitely recommending it to all my friends, and I cannot wait to eat there again. Try their hot and sour soup and their Vindaloo Chicken! You will lick your fingers! :)

• Visited November 2013