“The best Blackened Rib-Eye cajun seasoned”
Review of Bandera

Bandera
Ranked #27 of 1,295 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I was for few days at Scottsdale and accordingly to tripadvisor reviews I tried the bandera restaurant.
Great place, nice people, waiters looks nice and gentle.
I tried the Blackened Rib-Eye and waou, the best piece of meat I've ever eaten for a while.
With the cajun seasoned and a great french wine, just try it and enjoy ;-).
The only negative point would be the price 35$ for the meal and as well for the wine.
But try it at least once because it's Worth.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Saturday night I called ahead to let them know there was a group of six of us, they don't do call aheads but the guy was still pretty nice on the phone. When we walked in the hostess was a total doll. She let us know the wait was about 20 minutes but she saw checks on a few tables so she didn't expect it to be too long. All six of us are in the hospitality industry so we knew this was a safe answer and were happy to wait it out. Sure enough 5 minutes later our table was being cleaned.

The service was crazy good, a water glass never had a chance to get empty! We started with deviled eggs, the chip duo and the cornbread skillet. When the server saw the chips getting low she happily offered to bring more, so sweet. The boys were disappointed that the server had never heard of a Sazerac since that is their current drink of choice, but I understood because it is not an easy drink to execute properly. My Signature Margarita was very good, not too sour.

It is not really the place to go if you are on a budget, although my friend ordered the chicken and rib combo and it was a sharable amount of food for around $26! My chicken was amazing and my boyfriend was very impressed with the amount of prime rib.

Thanks for a great dinner Bandera and staff!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Went there on my last Saturday night w my family. We loved it. I used to love their meatloaf, but they sold their piece that night. We had cornbread, chicken, an incredible salad and a huge burger. I was a little disappointed that they don't have a children's menu, because my nine year old could not finish even half. Otherwise, they took the cornbread off the bill because they didn't have the meatloaf. We'll run business. Think of it a local Houstons

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Came here after work -- had some drinks and appetizers. First had the Margarita -- that was pretty good actually. Then had the mojito -- that can be skipped totally IMHO. Just didn't have much flavor -- too much soda I think. So I switched to wine and was happy ...

However, the food was great. The "Duo" app with fresh chips was spot on -- fresh guac and spicy pimento cheese (to my southern mind) dip was great!

Then ordered the combo rotisserie chicken and ribs (with a mustard glaze) -- LARGE plate enough to share if medium hungry. And the chicken had great flavor and great skin (and moist!) -- perfect really. The ribs were fall off the bone and very "beefy" flavor that the mustard did a great job with. The sides were great too -- REALLY good corn on the cob that wasn't mushy / soggy! And the cornbread is a whole 'nother story! Took the rest of that home!

Dessert was an awesome banana bread pudding -- that was devoured as well!

All in all -- certainly worth it to eat here .. just stick to the Marg, beer (not a bad list although small for draft local beer) and wine.

The interior is very pleasant -- lots of wood and comfy booths etc. Had a nice retro feel to it I liked a lot. I could see eating at the bar if I was alone or with one other -- looked like a nice hang out sort of place.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Bandera is one of my favorite restaurants in all of Scottsdale. The menu is somewhat limited, but each dish is exceptional and the deserts (especially the oreo and ice cream) are the best. Service is always first rate and the creative food is outstanding. My fiance' and I go there once a month...no matter what!