“Great food, fantastic energy! ”
Review of Bandera

Bandera
Ranked #30 of 1,276 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We picked the restaurant for its great grades; they are right on target. The energy when we arrived was very upbeat and exciting. We were seated promptly and the booth by the grill wasn't noisy in the least. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. The food lived up to its promise. The skillet cornbread was perfect and the grilled artichokes the best. I recommend the Macho salad - perfect for a warm summer evening. All in all we now have a super favorite when we visit Scottsdale. Bravo!!

There are newer reviews for Bandera

Reviewed June 2, 2014

A group of us (12 men on a golf trip) recently had dinner at Bandera twice during our in week in Scottsdale. The food all around was excellent. Steaks, chicken, burgers, salads... there were no complaints and we felt that this was an excellent value for the quality and portions of food we received.

The servers we had the first night were excellent and we had lots of fun despite the manager doing his best to treat us like we were an annoyance.

With a large bar in the middle of the restaurant the impression is that this is a place where they would encourage good times, but after two visits we got the impression that they are either trying to change that image or just do not really want to cater to larger groups having fun.

Would I go back? Absolutely but I would go with the attitude of knowing that the atmosphere from management is going to be snooty rather than welcoming.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Oh my! Sure wish we lived closer as Bandera had many other menu items we wanted to try! The chicken was wonderful and the flan fabulous. Everyone in our group had something different and all were winners. Make a reservation however as Bandera is very popular!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Got together with two friends to come up to speed on our latest news and have a relaxing meal. Friendly staff gave us all the time we needed, we closed the place while they were cleaning up. The food is excellent! Four of us had three different meals and they were all very good. We went in May on a week night and did not have to wait at all.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I loved Bandera before and I was looking forward to eating there on my trip to Arizona. But things have changed and the encounter with the staff and the quality of the food was comically aggravating. This should definitely be a case study on How to Lose Customers in a Hurry. You see, I am a vegetarian/Vegan. That never presented a problem before. But when I informed the waitress that I am a vegan, the first thing she said, "We don't have much to offer for Vegans."

I said: "Don't you have any vegetables?" "We only have corn on the cob and broccoli."

"How do you prepare the broccoli?" "We steam it."

"Well, can you jazz it up by sautéing it and using some spices." "No. We only have one pan that we use for tuna. So it will contaminate the food," she said.

"Beside," said she, "We cant change the menu." "I didn't want you to change the menu," I said. "I just want you to make it tastier."

That didn't register and she insisted that the only two vegetable she had were broccoli and corn on the cob and cucumber salad. I ordered all three with rice. The cucumber salad was good. The rest was terrible. I give them a TT Rating - Totally Tasteless.

1  Thank Schirete Z